GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was experimenting with slow motion. I set the GoPro to 1080p 120 fps. Once I imported it to my computer in Premiere I modified the clip as follows: Interpret footage --> Assume this frame rate: 60fps. This is what I saw in a Youtube video on it; they said that to get the best slow motion you should go half the recorded frame rate. Well, it slows down the video for sure, but the motion (I was recording my car) is somewhat jerky and still has motion blur. The camera was still, on the ground. So what am I doing wrong?

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Studio by GoPro uses Flux that smooths out the slo motion. no longer available. you are doing what 50% and hte render is not what you expected?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My version of Premiere doesn't have time interpretation and optical flow.

I have GoPro Studio and tried enabling Flux and slowing down the time but the result is pretty much the same. In Studio, when I converted the clip I used the original 119.9 fps - I assume that was the correct way?

I had set my GoPro under the center of my car and drove over it. It was facing up at the chassis. As the chassis passed over it I was hoping to do it in slow motion but the parts going by are a bit jerky and when I stop the video there's motion blur.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
I guess it depends on the scene. And that may be why it did not work out?

·
Registered
345 Posts
if i understand your composition correctly, you dont have enough light under a car to provide for a good crisp video.
try the same but with a strong flood light pointed the same direction as camera is

1 - 7 of 7 Posts