GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I currently have a Hero 4 Silver that I very seldom use anymore due to the lack of stabilization. I have a lot of accessories such as cages batteries and microphones and other than the lack of stabilization am quite happy with it - however I want to start vlogging more and can't decide whether to spend around $150.00 Cdn on a gimbal for my Hero 4 or to spend about $400.00 Cdn for a new Hero 7 Black. What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
342 Posts
its definitely worth to upgrade to 7. But im curious where did you find that 400$ pricetag? it didnt cost as much even when it was top of the line before 8 came out. Now its definitely cheaper, and you can get used one in perfect shape for about 200-300 at most.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its definitely worth to upgrade to 7. But im curious where did you find that 400$ pricetag? it didnt cost as much even when it was top of the line before 8 came out. Now its definitely cheaper, and you can get used one in perfect shape for about 200-300 at most.
Thanks for the feedback the price is in Canadian dollars - GoPro HERO7 Black - Waterproof Action Camera with Touch Screen 4K Ultra HD Video 12MP Photos 720p Live Streaming Stabilization https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07GDGZCCH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_asy3Db663T1N0

·
Registered
342 Posts
oh sorry i missed that. they are pretty cheap now, i would suggest going for the 7 definitely

·
Registered
257 Posts
I wrestled with this 2 years ago, having a 3+BE and not being overly impressed with the 5 and 6 lines. So I bought a very good gimbal, which works fine, but I have to admit that no gimbal I've seen at consumer level works "perfectly". And if you don't need to lug extra gear that you also have to coddle and charge, having great EIS in camera is preferable. Having now seen great quality electronic image stabilization on several cameras (not just Gopro, mind you), I would say definitely go for the upgrade. Real question IMHO is whether to upgrade in Gopro or to go for another manufacturer. I'm leaning for my next upgrade going to Insta360 OneX or its soon to be revealed next edition. It's worth your looking around at other lines of cameras, believe me. Every one has its ups and downs, so you pays your money and you takes your chances, as they say. FWIW, I'm impressed with the amazing ability to film without worrying about angle and placement that a good 360 can give you; it's not for the gimmicky stuff that I'm impressed, although those also add more visual interest to a video. So take a look. Gopro also has its Max now, which looks pretty impressive if you are wedded to the brand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts