GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are having a wonderful day.
I own a Hero 4 Silver and I've been using the original Gopro cable all this time but for some reason the charging port on the camera seems loose and only charges when the camera is kept in a certain angle with the wire. Even if moved slightly, the red LED goes off and the camera doesn't charge.
The charger and the USB I use are good because I've tried using it with different devices. I plugged it into charging yesterday and amazingly it had only charged one bar out if the 3.

It would be great if I could use the HDMI port for charging the camera but I'm not sure if that would work or not.
Could anyone please help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Edit: I'm not looking to use the HDMI and charge it at the same time. I just want to charge it via the HDMI by keeping the camera off.

·
Registered
401 Posts
no

·
Administrator
9,950 Posts
@Anant Patankar

The Hero 4 has a 30 -pin port i nthe back, and that you can purhase a cable that will accept a charge.

Also you can get this Battery eleminator aswell if you want to do unlimited recording. or charge externally with a Smatree or wasabi kit. there are always option

The answer is Yes. you can charge with a 30 pin but Jatekman is right you can not charge via an output, the HDMI port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts