GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all i'm sorry if there is an other thread about this but i've been looking for a couple of days everywhere online and have found nothing.

I'm thinking about buying a Gopro cam and i'm in a bit of a pickle because i found Hero 3 Black and 3+ Silver at the same price and have no idea which one to buy.
I'll be using the camera mainly as a dashboard cam, but i'm also going to film trips, fishing, canoeing, skiing, cycling and other activities.

So far from what i found 3 Black has Protune (i don't know what is the difference of editing between a Protune sample and an normal one, if anyone could send me some samples to see the difference firsthand it would be great:D), 4k (might not use it that much), 2.7k (this one i might use although 1080 will be the main resolution) but i've heard that the Black has a couple of bugs plus it has slow wifi connection which i'd be using especially for positioning the camera.

3+ Silver on the other hand is newer (i don't know if this affects the video quality, which one is better Black or Silver+ at 1080p at the same fps?) has faster wifi (again, helpful for positioning plus i could use it while fishing for a footage of the bottom or to see if fish are around :D ), better battery life (which is a plus for me since it might be a while till i'll get an Skeleton case or Frame) but what i don't like about it is the lack of Protune because i might want it to use it but i don't know if it would be really that usefull that i should get the Black instead. Although i believe the Silver+ would get in an fw update Protune right?

So which one would you buy, or recommend?

P.S. If you have samples of footage with protune mode on and off it would be great if you could send me a couple of seconds for me to see the real difference of it in the editing software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Good news everybody!

I just bought a hero 3+ Black, for the price of Silver+ :eek: I couldn't belive my eyes when i saw the 25% discount.

So my tip to you is, if you want to buy a Silver+ edition, wait, check the internet, subscribe to online shops that are known for making discount and hope for a good offer :D

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
Congrats.

you must research. GPH3+ has a softer focal, a warmer video. and aut light adjustment, and a faster /less lag in Wi-Fi.

You cannot place Wi-Fi on underwater and be on top common sense cellphones and many devices that transmit signal underwater today, maybe in the near future will be extended. ANd to much wave length is not good. 4 ft max, or less.

Protune uses power, and takes all colur away from video and you are in full maual control adding it all back in

what most do not know about, GoPro is slowly coming around releasing always a camera with more and more auto and additional features, because this was ment to be an action wearable camera, not a camera for all purpose use, why you see all the ew stuff.

Which oe o get the GPH3B. if asked it is trouble free, whoever told you it has issues, we all did because we all felt it was then.

gph3+ the micro card must always be removed to load your files, that my friend "is an issue" left out firmware.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Good news everybody!

I just bought a hero 3+ Black, for the price of Silver+ :eek: I couldn't belive my eyes when i saw the 25% discount.

So my tip to you is, if you want to buy a Silver+ edition, wait, check the internet, subscribe to online shops that are known for making discount and hope for a good offer :D
good job, got to love being able to save that much.
those that are patient should be able to get some great deals around the holidays

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good job, got to love being able to save that much.
those that are patient should be able to get some great deals around the holidays
And the great part was that i was only waiting for 3 days:cool:
Actualy i was waiting for Black Friday but i doubt that pe price will get lower.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.