GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hero 3 black has been acting up lately, so I'm bringing it back to the store and they're sending it in to get looked at. If they can't fix it I'll get a gift card to the store for the amount I paid. I bought the camera on sale so the gift card would be between $350 and $400. I should also mention that I lost the remote so is it just worth getting the 3+ black or is the silver good enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Administrator
2,847 Posts
If you can hold on for a while I'm starting a new series where I will be closely examining the Hero3+ Black and silver cameras - comparing the hardware, the software, and the video and image quality. The most comprehensive review yet!
Coming soon!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can hold on for a while I'm starting a new series where I will be closely examining the Hero3+ Black and silver cameras - comparing the hardware, the software, and the video and image quality. The most comprehensive review yet!
Coming soon!
How soon? I need a camera by march 8 when I'm going to Greece

·
Administrator
2,847 Posts
How soon? I need a camera by march 8 when I'm going to Greece

Ah sorry won't be done by then - just waiting for some equipment to arrive.

To answer your question though - what will you be using the camera for? What resolution did you generally record at before? Do you actually need a remote?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah sorry won't be done by then - just waiting for some equipment to arrive.

To answer your question though - what will you be using the camera for? What resolution did you generally record at before? Do you actually need a remote?
The remote is great to have and I'll probably end up buying it eventually. I use 1080 30 or 60 fps

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,377 Posts
I have the Hero 3 BE, I am happy. I went on my vacation, it taken me not long to learn the camera, but wished I did certain things a little different? I shot in HD1080P 30f, with video + Photo per 5 secs, if not 10 secs. Not all photos were good.

All scenes day & night did fine. I maybe used 2k, and 4k a few times, to switch back and fourth and fiddle, will be missing some shots. When I had the op, I did that got some 4K shots

I suggest to play around, learn the camera, and not to get it at the last second to try and learn it. Remote I hardly used, gopro App same, only to show the people who stopped me while on my trip.

Wi-Fi is a battery killer, on a trip I also suggest a external battery source, 5000mah or higher, you''ll thank us when not filming or relaxing while on your trip you can recharge while on the road, etc...

Heck Ihear a Gopro hero 4 in the future to be released. Rumors...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the input!! Today future shop told me that they would just give me a free 3+ black edition so I guess my question is answered :)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts