GoPro Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just done the latest iPhone app update + the firmware update. Still can't seem to get the Hero3 Black to be recognized/discovered by the iPhone app?

I see the new GoProApp setting in the menu now so I have selected that. On the iPhone app goes "searching for a wifi gopro" == "no cameras connected"

Anyone had any success? Any pointers?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok got it...
Had forgotten my

ok got it...

Had forgotten my iPhone was already connected to my home wireless network. Had to make it forget this network and then connect it too the new GoPro network I created/setup when I did the GoPro firmware update. Then connected ok. Unfortunately manually have to connect back to my home network for my iPhone after this thereby dropping the connection with the GoPro (oh well).

You can't watch existing video's already recorded on your GoPro from your iPhone it seems then? I was hoping you would be able to do this. Wonder if GoPro can include this in a future upgrade?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nope still not working

Nope still not working here.

Certain my camera has broken Wifi now.

It has the new app icon in menu but still cant see the network on my iphone and it still
will not pair with the Remote control either.

The RC netwrok can be seen by the iphone but nothing appears when I switch
on the Wifi on the camera.

Really cross now as my three phone calls to support assured me this
would fix all problems.

Now going to have to send it back and will not get it back for xmas.

:(

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, i try to connect my gopro

Hi, i try to connect my gopro black edition ( i have the latest update fron today) and on my ipad mini, i must connect the wifi connection to the gopro, it asking me a password. Somebody know what is the password, is it a generic password ? Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a bit dumb, but it

This is a bit dumb, but it seems that the only way to change the defaults on the WiFi setup is through the firmware update. Since I left all that information blank during the FW update, I now have defaults.

The default WPA passkey (password) is goprohero

I connected up with my H3 Black on my Android phone and it all worked. I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running 4.1.1 .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
Got the Hero 3

Hi there,

Got the Hero 3 Black, ive gone to settings on my i phone 5, but its not finding the camera (the wireless is on with blue light flashing) can anyone help please ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got to connect your iphone to

Got to connect your iphone to the GoPro wifi network it creates first. Have you done this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have trouble launching the live view on my iPhone 4, for my Hero3 Black.

My iPad connected straight away, not a hitch.

My phone could see the hero but the app would not connect.
So, I made sure the iPhone & Hero3 had the most up to date firmware.
Still no joy.
Reset my network settings.
Still no joy.
Performed a full system reset on the phone.
Still no joy.
Reinstalled the app.
Still no joy.
Verified the settings on the phone compared to the iPad, nothing untoward there.
Scratched head lots.
Turned phone on to airplane mode, turned the WiFi on (selecting airplane mode switches it off) connected to the goPro WiFi on the phone - hey presto live view works.

Would like to know how to use the app without having to select airplane mode but it will do for the moment. My iPad is not 3G, so there may be a clue....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ran the latest update where I also had do define the Wifi of my Hero 3 black.
iPhone finds my Hero3 and seems to connect (don't see a wifi symbol in the top status bar of my iPhone)
However: When I start the App, it doesn't seem it communicates with the Cam.
Tried all kind of things (made sure the Gopro is in Wifi-Phone mode, restarted the App, renewed the Wifi lease).
I keep getting the welcome/help screen when I choose Connect+Control in the App.
Am extremely frustrated!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Okay, let's all start fresh. Start by restarting your iPhones or iPads. Where you hold power button until you see silver apple, then let go. While that is restarting. Go to camera, step through menus to "Wireless". Set it to application. Blue light will be flashing.

Go to Apple device, should be restarted by now. Go to wi-fi, you should see GoPro network, enter password, if needed. You are connected. DO NOT "FORGET" YOUR HOME NETWORK, no need to do that. You will automatically connect to it when you turn off GoPro wi-fi. You will always, however have to manually connect to GoPro.

Launch application on Apple device. If it says no cameras found, look to make sure camera still set to app, blue light flashing, GoPro network still connected on Apple device.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I infer that "define the Wifi of my Hero3" means using the automatic HERO3 updating, as opposed to copying the update to the miniSD card. For whatever reason, my MacBook Pro keeps giving me "Camera Not Detected," so I don't see any WiFi prompts. Is there any other way to define the HERO3 WiFi so I can use the iPhone app?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I believe if you use the "automatic" method, you may name the camera/network. If do perform the manual update, your network will have the default/generic network name.

Before you even get the "No Cameras Connected" message in the GoPro Application, you should know whether the camera's network is available by the network setting on your iPhone, iPad or Android device.

Where is your MackBook Pro coming into play? When you are trying to do the update automatically??

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Mac comes into play in charging the camera, trying unsuccessfully to do the autoupdate, and then doing the manual update. Yesterday, I found a very useful video at
by "IrixGuy," and then got the iPhone app to work. It makes camera adjustments and operation much easier.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Mac comes into play in charging the camera, trying unsuccessfully to do the autoupdate, and then doing the manual update. Yesterday, I found a very useful video at (video) by "IrixGuy," and then got the iPhone app to work. It makes camera adjustments and operation much easier.
Glad you were able to get it working.

Based on the experience of others, I do not connect my MacBook Pro to the camera. They have indicated USB may do some funny things to the camera/card.

I only charge using plug-in chargers, such as the iPhone, iPad and Wasabi units. The charge time is faster and as or more reliable.

Perhaps voodoo, but copying from the SD card I only use a card reader or the card port on the MacBook Pro. Not by connecting the camera directly to the MBP.

I do updates manually with better success than through the GoPro web page automatically.

Your mileage may very.

Enjoy the GoPro app, it does make life so much easier. Come back when you try using the GoPro remote and tell us your experience with it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got it going

I had a lot of trouble. No matter what I did I could not see gopro as a wifi location.

What I found was. If I went through the http://gopro.com/support/product-registration/register process, when you get to step 3. Camera Setup. You MUST set the Camera Name and password. Even though the page implies that you do not need to, the default settings DO NOT work. It is possible that the defaults have been blanked out through the firmware upgrade (not sure).

After that, you need to continue through the web process by clicking submit, and any other steps, so it gets to the end and updates your camera. So when I completed this form with the Camera Name and password, it updated my camera with these new details.

Now everything works as expected.

Cheers, and happy wifi gopro'ing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Audio Interference

Hero3 Black and iPhone app. All software is updated as of today. When using the iPhone app I get significant audio feedback/distortion. No audio issues with included remote without any at all. Any ideas?

You can hear for yourself: http://youtu.be/U4CVUdELMME

·
Registered
1 Posts
Connected the Iphone 4 to Go Pro Hero 3 black, no problem.
The iPhone sees and connects to the wireless network.
However will not be found by the camera when searching through the app.

(one issue that is different, it has worked for a mates iPhone before i tired it with mine, I hope the camera is not tied to one phone)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts