GoPro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice videos there, i just love the colors produced by the Hero 10.

Sorry i hate Wide format from any camera, i can't stand the banding and distortion on the sides, i know it can be corrected in Edit, but i just prefer recording in 4k/60p Linear, i won't be using the 5.3k with my Hero 10.

·
Administrator
2,920 Posts
Sorry i hate Wide format from any camera, i can't stand the banding and distortion on the sides, i know it can be corrected in Edit, but i just prefer recording in 4k/60p Linear, i won't be using the 5.3k with my Hero 10.
Exactly the same here!! lol
You need to be in a wide open space, like an open field or in the sky etc, to use the wide format since you hardly notice the distortion, but with anything closer to the lens the distortion looks terrible. IMO of course....

·
Registered
79 Posts
Exactly the same here!! lol
You need to be in a wide open space, like an open field or in the sky etc, to use the wide format since you hardly notice the distortion, but with anything closer to the lens the distortion looks terrible. IMO of course....
Yep, anything such as the sides of buildings, light posts, and the likes will always show up the "fisheye" distortion.

However many video shooters actually love that distortion, and years ago before wide or ultra wide came about, many would attach a fisheye lens to the camera to get that distortion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.