GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unable to find help in the searches. Need help trying to download video for the first time, but camera turns off once plugged into computer? No disc came with camera, do I need to format the card (8mg), download software to be able to retrieve video? I've tried windows 7 and xp with luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Help with Hero 2

I was temporarily stumped with transferring from the camera to the computer.

I use a Mac so things might be a little different but they shouldn't be too much different.

Plugged in the USB cable...
Turned the camera on but nothing seemed to happen.

I am used to seeing a newly plugged in appliance show up in my "Finder" (file manager for PC) but this did not. Just by change I went ahead and opened my editing software and sure enough, there was the camera and the photos/movies waiting for me to transfer.

One thing... if you have used the SD card in a different appliance before the Hero2, you may see a name for the camera that does not apply. My SD card used to be in a Cannon so it shows up as "Cannon" even though it inside the Hero2.

Now if I can just get some answers to my problems!

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no software that

There is no software that come with the camera. I haven't tried to get pictures or videos off of the HD Hero while it's plugged into USB, but if you put your SD card into the computer then go to My Computer and click on your SD card everything should be there! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Its also possible that the

Its also possible that the battery is charging I find if i turn the camera on before plugging in the USB the camera pops up as a new drive. If its off when I plug it in it starts to charge and no drive pops up when I turn it on. However either way just going to my computer and viewing the drives it shows up there each time.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you plug in the camera

If you plug in the camera while it is still on the camera will shut off. When connecting the USB cable your camera must be turned OFF first. After the camera is connected go ahead and turn on the power. It will now be in USB mode and your cumputer should be able to detect it. If your gopro is unrecognized, go to the gopro website and download the gopro editing tool software. This software will correct that issue as well as provide any firmware updates you need

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.