GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While using the stick on helmet mounts with my gopro the clip that slides in does not seam to fit properly. When i watch it back there is a terrible sound of rattle because the clip does not fit perfectly snug into the mount. Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it??
Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
There's a little rubber plug

There's a little rubber plug (either white or orange) that should have came with the camera originally. I think it also comes with the bag of mounts, but not sure. It plugs into the plastic clip on the mount and then causes a snug fit when clipped in. Here's a pic of mine...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but those

Maybe it's just me, but those little rubber anti-rattle plugs are ridiculously difficult to insert.

·
Registered
110 Posts
You can also lay a sheet of

You can also lay a sheet of paper down on the mount and then lock/snap the two pices together or even add a layer of black elecitrician's tape to make the two pieces click together more snugly and eliminating the use of the nose plug apparatus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I also have the problem with the helmet mount kit. I used it on my Kawi BF 750 ATV. I placed it on the cowl. It rattled constantly in all terrains. I then changed back to the original buckle and that cured the problem except in really rough places in the Santa Rita Mountains of SE AZ. I believe the helmet buckle is the culprit. I suggest a thin piece of really slick cloth as a cushion. I will try that if I decide to use the helmet buckle again. GOOD luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another possibility>>the curved stick on mount has a curved plate that the flat buckle fits into...ergo the flat buckle is sitting on a curved surface. That would leave plenty of room for the buckle to vibrate. This might account for the rattle. I am going to try it out tomorrow in the Santa Ritas of AZ.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The GoPro nose plug should do the trick, but if you can't or don't want to deal with it, get a package of those plastic tooth picks that have the dental floss on them. the ones that the "handle" is flat and shaped like a wedge. Cut a bit of the handle off and wedge it between the helmet mount and the camera clip. Not the best solution, but it will tighten things up completely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think I solved the problem. I stuck a piece of duct tape on the surface and literally forced the buckle in. If that doesn't do it, I will use Gorilla glue which swells upon drying. Be aware that the buckle is then permanent. I am just leaving a buckle and stick on in place all the time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.