GoPro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks! (Well, I technically am meeting the guy tonight to buy it, so I’ll have it soon)

Thanks, I was wondering on non-GoPro brand battery’s. I would love to get GoPro brand battery’s, but they are so expensive!

I am also concerned about if the GoPro hero 6 is completely waterproof. I have seen some YouTube video, we’re the microphone got clogged up with water after a use in the water. The guy is selling me a clear case as well. Should I use this every time just as a precaution?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Never mind, I’m actually not going to get it until Saturday. They guy canceled last minute and said he couldn’t make it last night. I guess this is a good thing, so I can have more time t read up on its functions.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Just as an update, I will be getting my new GoPro tomorrow.

I do have a few questions..

1( How do I make sure it’s fully functional? (Like basic stuff)

2( Does the GoPro app work via WiFi or Bluetooth?

3( Can you easily update a GoPro hero 6 black? (I’m not sure if there is a new update available yet)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Just got it!

I do have some questions about the little doors on one of them, it might be damaged.

It seems like this forum isn’t as active as I thought? But I need help. Please.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Well make some tests like recording files and check battery running time while recording, some models getting hot and shut off, use 4K/60 and stabilization on.
The app works with WiFi, this and the updating should be not a problem, honestly if I have no problems with a cam I don't update- never change a running system.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks guys, I do have a concern about one of the little doors...

Im used to a GoPro with a housing unit, not just a frame.

Should I be concerned that water will seep in in the cracks between the doors? I’ll post a photo tomorrow. (Note: I did get this used...)

·
Registered
393 Posts
you should be concerned about water getting in even when the door is perfectly ok. you should not dive with the new gopros as is, you will always need a diving case.
If you are worried about rain, it should be ok.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Ok, thank you. I have a cheap, nock off GoPro dive case. Should this work? And should I have this on my GoPro anytime I will be swimming or near water?

Sorry for all of the questions, I’m new to the new GoPro’s. 🙂

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok, thank you very much for all of your help.

One last question, how do I shoot slow motion? I’ve looked it up but nothing is helping me. Is it through the app? Or what?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The normal way is to reduce the play speed with an editor and export the clip- the more slower the more frames per second you need because the slow part needs at least 24 frames per second to not stutter.
There are also apps.
I would recommend to watch tutorials on YouTube.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks. I already tried to watch tutorials on YouTube, but all of them were terrible.

Do you suggest I use GoPro Quick Stories? Or another GoPro app? I’ve tried doing it with the regular app and I can’t.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Ok, thanks.

I actually found a way to do it on the GoPro app, it’s pretty cool!

Should I be concerned about my frame? (I can tell it’s not genuine GoPro) Should I be concerned that it might break?

21 - 40 of 42 Posts