GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this forum.

I am very experienced with ide

I have one GoPro Hero 2014 Beginner model GoPro, with an ACU skin.

It’s in pretty nice condition.

I got it from a guy on eBay for $60. (It came with the GoPro (no skin), 1 mount, and a GoPro 3 way tri pod. It all came in great condition.

Here is the 3 way:

I have a question. Is there any way to connect my GoPro to the GoPro app?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum- I am afraid it's not possible because of the missing WiFi on your model.

Ciao Rob
Ahh...

Bummer, I really want a GoPro that I could connect to my device. I’m looking into getting another GoPro, because mine is such a dinosaur... lol.

I found a guy selling a GoPro Hero 7 black, “like new”, with no micro SD card on Craigslist for $170. Is this a fairly good deal?

I also found a guy selling a Hero 4 silver, 7 extra battery’s, and accessories for $99. Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Forget about the older models, get a 7 Black and you have one of the best Action Cam in the world with amazing stabilization.
The 170$ sounds not bad, take your time to check out best price- I would recommend to by a new because some Cams has more ore less big issues and a new one you can send back.

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thank you!

I am on a very little budget. Do you think I should sell my old one to help fund my new one?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. How much do you think I could get for my GoPro, no SD card? Skin and 1 mount included. Along with Charger?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that!

So it looks like I could get $70 for it? I would probably sell it for $80-$90, because it has the skin and I have the box.

Im looking now into Hero silvers. (Like hero silver 3, hero silver 4, etc.)

Which one do you think is the overall best? I hear the hero 4 black is good...

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would not buy, the 2018 model can only go to 1080 resolution- no 4K- and has overall less possibilitys then other models.
The 4 Black is a good GoPro but don't forget without stabilization all hand shots are very shaky and not good to use/show- in this times people used a gimbal.

So I would recommend a model with good stabilization, go for a 7 Black.

Ciao Rob

·
Administrator
9,621 Posts
If you buy a 2018 it can be modified with software t oa Hero 5 black, if you really want to buy a hero the latest is suggested 289.99 a bundle, as a second camera any camera is fine.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would LOVE to get a hero 7 black. But... I have very little money to spend on this. I was hoping my old GoPro (once I sell it) will help me fund my new GoPro.

I hear as far as toughness goes, the Hero 4 Black is really good. But I also hear the newer GoPros have a better WiFi capability.

I was able to find a refurbished GOPro hero 2018, for around $80-$90. (It also came with a micro SD card, battery, mounts, etc.)

I want a GoPro with a touch screen, that takes super good pictures and that has a WiFi capability.

·
Administrator
9,621 Posts
Sell what you got, pay the Fees, whatever funds you get, goes towards the newer purchase. The Hero 7 cost at the official site how much, $229 and for a trade up unsure now? if found else where. Most likely a few Dollars less. SO yeah getting a hero 2018 If Money is a problem then wait longer maybe by then a Hero 6 would be the Better and I feel it is the better if asked.

A) 2018 is basic, been hacked to the Hero 5 black.

What you can afford over time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok Thank you.

I will look into getting a used GoPro hero 7. I would really want this, as it takes brilliant photos. Also, because it has the hyper smooth technology.

What do you think I should sell my old GoPro hero 2014 for? I won’t be including the SD card.

I think I’ll include a cheapy Selfie stick and some sticky mounts. I really don’t want to sell my 3 way (selfie stick) but brand new, it sells for around $70.

I’ll keep looking on Craigslist and on eBay for a good deal.

·
Administrator
9,621 Posts
You said above $70.00 for it. and craigs list. online deduct shipping cost $15.00. deduct fees 10.00 sounds like Keep the camera. as a Back up. if Like???

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would really like a newer GoPro. I know between eBay.com, Craigslist.com and LetGo, I can sell it for around $70-$90.

Im going to sell my old camera so the money I get from that can help fund a new GoPro, if I can find one at a reasonable price.

If this doesn’t work out, I’m going to try to get a GoPro hero 2018. (I will really try to get a good deal on a 6 or a 7 though.)

Does the GoPro hero 5 have good capabilities? (Hyper smooth, voice control, takes good pictures, etc.?)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello.

So I have been looking on LetGo (an app) and I found a super good deal on a GoPro Hero 6. Do you think this is a good deal? (He’s selling it for $130 with extras)

The only thing I’m hesitant on, is the fact that around the screen looking sort of scratched.

Please tell me your thoughts...

@Fish

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, so I made a deal with a guy on LetGo for a GoPro Hero 6 black. (With extra accessories)

The deal was a Baitcaster combo, a spinning combo, and $70. Is this a good deal? I already made the deal, so there no going back now. But I just want your guy’s opinion.

Also, what is your guy’s opinion on buying off brand GoPro battery’s?

@Fish @Jatekman

1 - 20 of 42 Posts