GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read of people using that GoPro as a web cam.

I bought the HDMI to USB converter and the appropriate cable to connect it with the HDMI socket of my GoPro.

But it does not work. Even connecting the HDMI of the GoPro to the HDMI of my tv produces nothing.

I have tried switching on the devices in different order.

I tried another HDMI cable.

I reloaded the GoPro software manually.

Before I totally give up and send the bits back to Amazon can anyone suggest something else to try?

My cable and converter work perfectly with my Oly EM5 mkiii. What is wrong with my GoPro?

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have never heard of USB hdmi cable.
The only way i know is HDMI INPUT on your pc., all regular graphics cards have only OUTPUT hdmi connections.
You will need dedicated card , called capture card, to capture the video signal from any device, not just from gopro.
Dont go for the chinese ones as those are very poor quality. You will have to spend 100e or more on this, if you really need a "gopro webcam"

Please share the brand and type of the converter in question

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Boz

I said "I bought the HDMI to USB converter"

This is what you call a capture card.

T

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll bring this thread to a close by saying that after an online chat with GoPro we established mine was faulty.

When you plug something into the HDMI socket the back screen should go blank. Mine did not. Clearly an internal software switch was not working.

The GoPro is on its way back to Holland as we speak - a replacement will be with me in about a week.

·
Registered
396 Posts
could you share the model name of the converter as i asked previously? I want to look into it too

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is it - but it seems I got almost the last one.

There is clearly a run on these in the UK. I had previously ordered this and was later told it would not be available until the end of July

My Lindy works fine with my Oly em5 - but as I said the battery on that makes it unuseable for a relatively long Zoom conference.

·
Registered
396 Posts
thanks.
glad you found the cause.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts