Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so,

after upgrading my HD HERO into HD HERO2 i noted that while ads claim the thing should produce "2 times" the quality of HD HERO this just can NOT be true. ever.

when saving timelapse both generate roughly the same size 1600-1700 MB files. but since the resolution of the pics from HD HERO2 are significantly bigger these are actually AWFUL in quality. i wouldnt call them pixelated anymore, they are BLOCKELADED. to obtain same file size with lot more pixels higher packing is used, to the point i dont think the JPEGs are any worth the trouble!

i sent an email to GoPro asking if they have plans to address this issue in the firmware upgrades and no, they do not.

anyone else noted this? what i'm hoping is a flash mob emailing to GoPro asking for them to address this; maybe it'd get some results... i wouldnt think it'd be that hard to add an option to choose less packing, maybe even RAW (gasp!) saving of images.

RAW would become more desirable once they get the SDXC support; this is something they said they are looking at already.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.