GoPro Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok for a near £300 camera is this how the audio should sound at a measly 30mph. Im fuming at the amount of wind noise and have it all packed back in the box ready to send back in disgust.

I had the camera mounted in the waterproof case as for best sound according to the instructions on the camera is for greater than 100mph.

Am I being a bit hasty with my decision to return it...i have latest firmware on it and appreciate that all wind noise cannot be removed but this really seems unnacceptable for what is marketed as a motorsports professional camera.

Appreciate any feedback

·
Registered
5 Posts
mounted on top of your helmet

mounted on top of your helmet it makes less noise. yes, it's too much, and this is why most folks overlap some music or cut the ambient.

·
Registered
3 Posts
octane wrote:Ok for a near

octane said:
Ok for a near £300 camera is this how the audio should sound at a measly 30mph. Im fuming at the amount of wind noise and have it all packed back in the box ready to send back in disgust.

I had the camera mounted in the waterproof case as for best sound according to the instructions on the camera is for greater than 100mph.

Am I being a bit hasty with my decision to return it...i have latest firmware on it and appreciate that all wind noise cannot be removed but this really seems unnacceptable for what is marketed as a motorsports professional camera.

Appreciate any feedback
Hi,

Im facing the same issue with Mine, theres some tick sounds out of it even in high speed, but I think the mic quality is it, I left the open case on it.
Check the video below:

·
Registered
5 Posts
thunderboard wrote:eek:ctane

thunderboard said:
octane said:

Appreciate any feedback
Hi,

Im facing the same issue with Mine, theres some tick sounds out of it even in high speed, but I think the mic quality is it, I left the open case on it.
Check the video below:

your camera is loose and shaking. wether it's the positioning of the suction cup mount or a stick on, there is vibration that shouldn't be there. are you using the white shim that comes with the unit ?

also, the OP hasn't answered about fixing his wind noise, so i thought i'd bump the thread.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm interested to know about

I'm interested to know about the wind noise too. My ContourHD 1080p is terrible with wind noise, I was hoping the HERO2 was going to be better! :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your comment, no

Thanks for your comment, no its not loose, I tried several way with the month with 3m, still remain the same, I think it has something to do with the mic and the case, of course at the end of the day its not a shot gun microphone

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wind noise

As a former sound recordist/sound engineer for a film production company, I can advise that wind noise is the bane of every sound recordists working life, it is not possible to eradicate it completely, the carefull placement of expensive (£600+) rifle/shotgun mikes with furry mufflers go a long way in reducing unwanted wind noise, but at the end of the day a bit of skulduggery at the mixing desk is usually resorted to.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same issues, ive

I have the same issues, ive tried multiple ways to try and sort the noise out when mounting it to my helmet but ith no luck, you will have to record using no audio.

When you mount it to the tank the noise reduction is much better but still not great

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.