GoPro Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm having trouble downloading files off of my MicroSD card to Lightroom on my Mac. It's currently in an adapter for regular SD cards, which I've inserted into an SD card reader. But Lightroom seems to get hung up in the process of downloading.

Is there another way to do it?

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
You could create a new folder on your desktop and drag/copy the files to it. Then import them to Lightroom from there.
Just thinking about this, you are trying to import phots to Lightroom rather than movie files ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I created a new folder on the desktop and dragged files from my card to that a folder. But even as I'm now trying to import files (photos and video) into Lightroom, it's going very, very slowly. The first time when I tried to import straight from the SD card, it did this and only imported the photos and not the videos.

Any thoughts on what's going on? Does Lightroom handle GoPro videos?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't use Lightroom so this might not be relevant, your not converting the files as you import them are you ? I know if you try to convert them to say a .mov file it takes ages to import them that way.
As far as I know Lightroom is just a photo editing/storage software and it would probably try to import the mp4's as images.
Get yourself a copy of DaVinci Resolve by Blackmagic design, it's free and a fantastic piece of software for making movies it's available here:

·
Administrator
9,231 Posts

as I chosen the correct one, and renamed the extension its that simple

·
Administrator
2,920 Posts
as I chosen the correct one, and renamed the extension its that simple
This shouldn't make any difference @Fish - MacOS is able to use MP4 just as well as MOV as they are both common formats.
Also you don't want to use or rename LRV files at all - they are low resolution files used by only the app for preview and playback. If these are imported to your desktop editor it will mean your project, and your final export, will all be low quality - kinda defeating the purpose of a high quality capture GoPro.

OP - this doesn't seem to be an issue with your GoPro. It's more an issue with your install of Lightroom. I do not use Lightroom so can't comment on how to fix, but i would start with resetting Lightroom back to defaults completely. Maybe even a reinstall of the application.

Any particular reason why you want to use Lightroom??
iMovie ie free on Mac, and is a good, powerful editor.....

·
Administrator
9,231 Posts
This shouldn't make any difference @Fish - MacOS is able to use MP4 just as well as MOV as they are both common formats.
Also you don't want to use or rename LRV files at all - they are low resolution files used by only the app for preview and playback. If these are imported to your desktop editor it will mean your project, and your final export, will all be low quality - kinda defeating the purpose of a high quality capture GoPro.

OP - this doesn't seem to be an issue with your GoPro. It's more an issue with your install of Lightroom. I do not use Lightroom so can't comment on how to fix, but i would start with resetting Lightroom back to defaults completely. Maybe even a reinstall of the application.

Any particular reason why you want to use Lightroom??
iMovie ie free on Mac, and is a good, powerful editor.....
Correct, as I said i can only demo on an lrv, til li released off my program using the mp4 (WINK).

Resolve you can use the LRV to ease up on the CPU making the program less stressful,

For Resolve lrv can not be used, unless you create lrv via resolve, i demo'd that early on a few months ago

Agree With all, but hat be one way to rename an extension of a MP4 to an older name to see if it accepts in lightroom

Reactions: Ifti

·
Registered
6 Posts
Don't use Lightroom so this might not be relevant, your not converting the files as you import them are you ? I know if you try to convert them to say a .mov file it takes ages to import them that way.
As far as I know Lightroom is just a photo editing/storage software and it would probably try to import the mp4's as images.
Get yourself a copy of DaVinci Resolve by Blackmagic design, it's free and a fantastic piece of software for making movies it's available here:
Can really recommend DaVinci Resolve. Best software to edit videos out there. As for importing I use a small script that reads directly from the sd card and renames and sorts the media into a folder structure. From there I use all media with DaVinci as well as Apple Photos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts