GoPro Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to historical issues, US video format are 30/60/120fps and EU 25/50/100fps.
My old Hero3+ was able to record 24/25/30/50/60fps full HD video format.
My out of the box Hero 10 black only able to record 24/30/60/120/240fps.
Is it a configuration issue (EU vs US video settings)?
Is it an update issue? I updated the FW today to 01.10.00.
I can't imagine such a regression making this camera useless in Europe!!!

·
Administrator
9,431 Posts
GoPro will update in the near future, right now its not available. And you can forget about 48FPS.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, no, EU frame rate are already available... but hard to find in settings, thanks to manual:
Font Number Parallel Screenshot Document

So in general settings: "Anti-flicker" option allow to move to EU frame rates:
Font Brand Circle Logo Graphics

Facial expression Mammal Handwriting Font Art

and moving to 50Hz sets frame rates available to 24/25/50/100/200fps.
Ok, 48 fps is missing... but not a problem for me.
And recorded video file is good:
Font Rectangle Electric blue Signage Darkness

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've known this setting or "problem" since the HERO8 (my first GoPro)! The wish that I often asked GoPro to be able to set the anti-flicker frequency and the frame rate independently of each other remained incomprehensible (why should you want that?) And unfulfilled ....
It may not matter whether I record with 25/50 or 30/60 FPS, but in slow motion there is a noticeable difference whether I can only record with 100/200 or 120/240 FPS!
If someone with incomprehension now gives the tip to stop changing the anti-climate frequency for this recording - if only one lamp with mains frequency lights up there, it will flicker - even during the day! Which makes the recording unusable ...
GoPro said, among other things, that this is why this is always not possible. It's just strange that other cameras (e.g. DJI or much cheaper) can do that ....

·
Administrator
9,431 Posts
try protunes adjust shutterspeed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
@Fish the shutterspeed does not solve the problem, * depending * on the anti-flicker frequency 50 or 60 Hz - 25/50/200/200 or 30/60/120/240 FPS are offered!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts