GoPro Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recorded a lot of videos at 4k 60 FPS, 100 ISO on cloudless sunny weather, flat color mode, automatic shutter speed, linear leveling and the camera set up on a tripod and my videos look grainy. Same situation with 5k 25 FPS. I use micro SDXC Extreme 256GB A2 V3 card. I am watching them on my Macbook Pro. What else should I adjust to record clear videos?

·
Administrator
9,513 Posts
ISO min is 100, grain comes from higher ISO settings not mentioned? were they 3200, 1600, 800 etc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Fish The actual ISO at the time of recording was set to 100. The Min ISO was 100 and Max ISO was 1600. If the ISO was 100 and the range 100-1600 and the grain occured then that would mean that the settings are mutually exclusive which doesn't make sense.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here it is
Hmm the video doesn't seem as grainy as the one I have on my local computer but you can clearly see it is... I don't know what's going on... Anyway, I'd expect the video to be similar to this in terms of quality
. It's also 4K at 60 FPS with a difference that this one is at ISO Min 100 and ISO Max 400.

·
Registered
607 Posts
You can see the grain everywhere.
no, not really. I see that there is something off about the picture, but its not grain.

Have you tried different resolutions and sharpness set to low ?
For example in my H9, i have much better image quality at 2.7k than i would have at 4k for some reason. and low shaprness is plenty enough.

• Helpful
Reactions: Fish

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no, not really. I see that there is something off about the picture, but its not grain.

Have you tried different resolutions and sharpness set to low ?
For example in my H9, i have much better image quality at 2.7k than i would have at 4k for some reason. and low shaprness is plenty enough.
No, I haven't, however I'd expect the video quality be somehow close to the quality of the other video I posted above. I'll try lower sharpness and then edit brightness in Adobe Premier Pro. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
At times the low settings may result in better quality and help remove the unwanted grainy effect from the video. However, I used to remove such graininess from my high-quality 4K at 60 FPS videos by using a video repair tool that is available over the internet. I don't know, but it somehow helped.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts