GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a GoPro 8 and have been doing videos for a few weeks now. Have not sat down to edit anything, just compiling.

I just noticed though that some of the videos, the longer 15 Min + ones do not download the entire amount.

On the GoPro 8 it will say 20 Min.

I pull the mini card out, place it in a SanDisk SD card, and place that in a Dynex reader USB into the computer.

When the folder pops up the properties says 18 min. The tail end is cut off. If I transfer it, the tail end is cut off still. Download and SD times match.

How can I get the full video?

Is it the Dynex being to old or?

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
My suggestion is show us the folder where the files are in all downloaded. take a screen shot using the compter keys Ctrl & PrtSc sys rq.

If chaptering has happened that is where I am leaning to.

·
Administrator
2,887 Posts
Do the video files play seamlessly when you place them on a timeline - one straight to the next?
If so, there isn't a problem. Clips being trimmed to around the 18 min mark is normal behaviour..... it used to be a file format limitation (4GB) with FAT32 but even though the GoPro uses exFAT now, which has no such limitation, the cameras still tend to keep a max file size!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I finally got back to the project at hand. I have a older Dynex CR212 reader and suspected that might be a issue? So I picked up a SanDisk SD Card reader and nothing has changed. Transferring to a Seagate TB Mini Tower but using the computer (older HP) to middle it.

On the GoPro Camera the full time is shown: On the SD Mini card (128BG San Disk) when being read it is cut. I have used two different readers now.

It seems not just the 18 minute mark but anything past the "8 Minute" mark is cut off at the end. The longer the video the more drastic the cut.

I'm very new to this. So when in my GoPro and playing videos in general, your asking if they go to the next video without stopping? The videos do stop after they are played on the device.

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
Alright. so you are not using the gopro camera to transfer, why,?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Again, thank you or your time on helping me.

When I hook the GoPro camera with card inside to my computer by USB, the same issue arises. Checked and a video is 9:55 on camera when viewing. When downloaded by USB it is 8:51 with the remaining end cut off.

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
few things I do

different card, full format the card. rule out fake cards.

reset the camera to factory reset.

Reflash latest firmware

and test again

Take you 1 hour to full format a 128gb card and 3 minutes to flash and reset the camera

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you.

I'm using the card that came with the new GoPro. But will do what must be done and reset the camera. Always made sure to buy sealed carded SanDisk (And yes, people should always avoid buying "cheaper" memory cards for this reason).

But overall you feel the files I still have issues with are as they are?

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
I do not use gopro basic cards. they are not top notch. I stand clear of a sandisk in a Hero 8, just me.

By now you should have finished the full format, gathered the manual firmware 1.6 and reset back the camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts