GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people have problems with the GoPro Hero 3 battery drain. It drains in less than a week, even with the latest firmware update. I am not talking of the case when the camera is in standby with the wi-fi on. The case I mean is with the camera OFF.

Here is my trick:

·
Registered
434 Posts
GoPro really needs to get their **** together and figure out what is causing the parasitic drain.

It's sad when we need to resort to blocking the battery terminals to avoid it from draining. If you want to go that far just take the battery out really.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The battery shouldn't drain while the camera is completely off. It could have something to do with the age of the camera depending on how long ago you bought it and what practices you have been using to charge the battery. You can always pick up a back-up battery to carry around with you. I'm not sure you will be able to find a way to fix the problem otherwise. Make sure wi-fi and power are off -- that's all the advice i can give.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a black edition 2 weeks before the last day of the Tour de France for which I hade signed up to ride the last lap before the racers. I charged it up fully, played around, topped up the charge and switched off completely. I switched it on again at the Arc de Triomphe to record my ride, the battery was almost entirely drained. I was not happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts