GoPro Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I got a hero 7 black and recently started testing uploading to youtube, but the videos are looking really deshaprned even though in Davinci resolve, where i edit, they are looking really crisp and good. Once i upload them to youtube they are unwatchable.
Here s a video so you can make an idea:
My filming settings are: 2.7k 30 fps hypersmooth on
flat color
ev comp -0,5 / -1 when it s really sunny
white balance on auto
and then i color grade and add sharpness in Davinci
My rander settings are: quicktime, h.264 with a bitrate of 90 000, set to 4k even tho the videos are 2.7
Any help with it?a fix maybe?I would really apreciate some tips.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
342 Posts
sorry but i dont see anything wrong with it, the picture is pretty sharp and clear for me.
The only thing that doesnt make sense to me is why would you upscale 2.7k to 4k ? you are loosing detail there. You should be doing it other way around, shoot at 4k / 2.7k and downscale to fullhd , this will give you more crisp image.

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
Try a different render like said before? @Boznoz points out Youtube dumped 2K7 either render to 4K shooting 4K or render down to 1440-1080P. Devinchi may be doing something. I don't use that Editor and it basically disabled my Dolby. lol. You may need to give youtube some time to convert.

Fish

·
Administrator
2,797 Posts
Ive notice this with many of my videos when I upload GoPro sample footage to YouTube. I just put it down to their awful compression, but others seem to get nice sharp video! On my computer before upload its perfect.
Annoying!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, will try and film 4k and upload 4k!
And yes, it really is annoying, i got all this gear and then youtube fs up everthing.Hope ill get it in the end.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts