GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,087 Posts
Depends on what software you use. I do it all the time in Power Director 12 but I've never done it in GP Studios but did a quick search and found some info (see below).

In PD12 you just find the frame you want to save and click the camera icon. This in turn puts the frame photo into the clips section of your current video. Then all you is drag it to the timeline.

The following is taken from the GoPro website

You can easily export a still image from your video file using GoPro Studio. Here is a procedure that details the process:

1. Go to Step 2: Edit
2. Select the desired video clip so that it is displayed in the Player window.
3. Mac instructions - Place the playhead so that the frame you want to export is displayed in the player window, then selecting Share > Export Still.
4. Windows Instructions - Place the playhead so that the frame you want to export is displayed in the player window, then selecting File > Export > Still Image.
5. Then just select the image Name, Location and Size to Export (small, medium, large, & native) and click Export.
6. Check out the location you specified to verify that the image was created.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think that's what he meant. He want to export a video with the thumbnail preview of his choice.

I tried with no success to do it, well there is a way but it required to put a short video in the begining so it fit the "by default" setting from the gp studio to use the frame as the thumbnail.

Simply putting a picture or a .10s video at the beginning won't work.

My guess would be to reopen the final video with another editor for that but well ...

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
Reactions: Fox Hound
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.