GoPro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gopro studios keeps crashing and saying it cant respond. ** Gopro studio.exe has stopped working**
I already uninstalled the gopro app on my computer and reinstalled it and still has same problem and Ideas how to fix this

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Johnny and welcome to the Forum,

Had you ever gotten it to work before?
What OS you running? Windows 10? If yes, then please try this running in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the program's shortcut or .exe file.
2. Click on Properties.
3. Click on the Compatibility tab.
4. Check the Run this program in compatibility mode for box.
5. Click on the drop down menu arrow and select Windows 7 or Windows 8.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Kareem

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
Why are we guessing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm having similar issues. Running Windows 10 64bit OS. Have a H3+ Black edition camera and shot a bunch of photos for a time lapse video.

When importing the first image from the TL images into GoPro Studio, it recognises correctly that it is a series of pictures. Can even watch the time laps within the application. Add it to the "conversion list" and when I click on "Convert all", I get the error message "GoPro Studio.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Have had this issue since March and was hoping that the latest update would fix it, but still nothing.

Have seen it here that you suggested to try running it in compatibility mode, but neither the Windows 7 nor Windows 8 modes made any difference in this sense. Really annoying that a great piece of hardware is rendered almost useless due to bad software, especially that in the past it worked correctly, but now it just doesn't work at all... (this issue is NOT limited to time lapse videos)

Any suggestion on what else can I use to create the time lapse out of my pictures, as GoPro Studio is obviously not working :(

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
So you crash. try to see if its crashing because you have for example 600 photos, try putting in 100 photos, if you do not know how. report back

FIsh

I'm having similar issues. Running Windows 10 64bit OS. Have a H3+ Black edition camera and shot a bunch of photos for a time lapse video.

When importing the first image from the TL images into GoPro Studio, it recognises correctly that it is a series of pictures. Can even watch the time laps within the application. Add it to the "conversion list" and when I click on "Convert all", I get the error message "GoPro Studio.exe has stopped working A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Have had this issue since March and was hoping that the latest update would fix it, but still nothing.

Have seen it here that you suggested to try running it in compatibility mode, but neither the Windows 7 nor Windows 8 modes made any difference in this sense. Really annoying that a great piece of hardware is rendered almost useless due to bad software, especially that in the past it worked correctly, but now it just doesn't work at all... (this issue is NOT limited to time lapse videos)

Any suggestion on what else can I use to create the time lapse out of my pictures, as GoPro Studio is obviously not working :(

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yeah, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the application numerous times, but it did not help.

Also, the number of images I'm trying to stitch together is only 114. How do you break it down to parts?

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
make a new folder and copy less t othat new folder and try you have to not use the same folder cause one or twenty it will load 600. if 4 are in the new folder then 5 get loaded

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
GPS had the code copy it chat to gopro.com see what they say?

time to reload GPS to my machine see if it crashes it

I7 12 plus gb of memory dedicated card. more than enough UMPH for GPS.

·
Administrator
9,158 Posts
DO I meet these requirements I'll highlight in bold

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Here’s what you’ll need to run the GoPro App on your Mac® or Windows® computer.

Windows®Mac® Supported Operating Systems64 bit Windows 7, 8, 10 in desktop mode only. 32 bit systems are not supported.Mac OS 10.9.X or later CPUIntel® Core 2 Duo™
Recommended: Intel Quad Core™ i7 or betterIntel® Dual Core™
Recommended: Intel Quad Core™ i7 or better Graphics CardGraphics card that supports OpenGL 3.2 or later*
Recommended for 4K editing and playback: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better (or similar class graphics card)
Recommended Video RAM: 512 MB RAM or greater for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or greater for 4K playbackAny graphics card shipped with Intel® Dual Core™ Macs or better
Recommended for 4K editing and playback: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or better
Recommended Video RAM: 512 MB RAM or greater for video playback under 4K, 1GB RAM or greater for 4K playback Screen Resolution1280 x 720
Recommended: 1920 x 10801280 x 720 RAM4 GB4 GB Hard Drive5400 RPM internal drive
Recommended: 7200 RPM drive or SSD
If external, use USB 3.0 or eSATA5400 RPM internal drive
Recommended: 7200 RPM drive or SSD
If external, use Thunderbolt, Firewire or USB 3.0

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

My computer fulfils all the requirements for the GoPro Studio and it also complies with most of the recommendations.

In the meantime, I found a workaround. Managed to find an old version of GoPro Studio online (v2.0) and installed that one. And voilá, it just works. Created the time-lapse video without any problems. No crashes, no issues.

Thanks a lot for all your support though!

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts