GoPro Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if others have the same problem.

My GoPro Studio crashes constantly after about 10 minutes of editing.
It runs on a quality Notebook with ample of Ram and a fast quad processor.

Its quite frustrating trying to edit some material and it suddenly jams and crashes.

Does anyone face similar problems and if yes, how did you solve them?

Have a nice day.:frown:

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
They just released an update, within the last 24 hours. It be nice to know which version?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine was updated on the 16th of October.
I think thats pretty the latest.
I'm quite new here as I just bought my first GoPro two weeks ago and filled my harddisk with material!

Thanks for your reply.

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
Correct it is the latest, and you are crashing with what windows or mac system?

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
thank you not a win 10 Owner so possibly bugs still need working out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having this exact issue with the last couple of versions of GoPro studio and it has cost me about 30-40 hours of my time.

I have tried reinstalling, previous versions, saving as different versions along the way. The program seems to hang and then crash whenever an autosave happens or I try to save myself!

Will watch this one for any hints to help end my frustration!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its very frustrating as the programm is very practical with just the funtions that one needs to edit.
I usually use Pinnacle Studio to edit my normal videos and thought that the GoPro Studio would do.

The importer and converter works fine. Its just the Editor that need a debug.

Hope that the Programmers act fast!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Naruwi,

I'd call GP customer service and discuss it with them. Ultimately, I think you would be better off with another editor, of course that's your choice. There are always complaints about GPS and most revolve around it's crashing. When I used it, I saved my work every 5 minutes or so which of course is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello there

2 weeks ago I also get my GoPro Hero 4 Silver and in the last few days I filmed a lot of stuff.
But my problem is that GPS crashes every few secounds.
With 90% of my videos it crashes after a few seconds when I playback a video in the "view and trim" step or in the "edit" step.
I've tested all the steps from the official how-to for resolving crashes from the official support site, but nothing helps.

Crashes looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrt8JnMdVKk&feature=youtu.be

My system:
MB: ASROCK Z77 Extreme 4; CPU: I5 3570K @4,2 GHz; RAM: 8GB; GPU: GTX980Ti; OS: Win10 Pro x64 (on SSD)

Anyone have an idea what i can try to relolve this? Is this a known issue?

·
Administrator
9,600 Posts
tell us something new, Be up to Par

·
Registered
1 Posts
GoPro Studio is fucking ****!!!

I have wasted around 6 hours trying o create a 20 minute movie of my recent cruise. I've tried saving after adding each clip and have tried saving as a different version after every clip.........without any success in being able to complete a project.

Conclusion: GoPro Studio is a pile of fucking ****!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts