GoPro Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I encountered a very strange GoPro studio crash issue, and it took a few days for me to solve it, so I would like to share it to save time for others 0:)

Since I installed Windows 8 the GoPro studio was crashing if
- I opened the "ADVANCED SETTINGS" on the "VIEW & TRIM" page and clicked to OK
- or if I imported some files and tried to convert them.

GoPro Importer was not working either, it crashed right when it was started. I found the following exception in the Application Event Log, it might be a good trace to identify the problem:
Application: GoPro Importer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
Stack:
at <Module>.GPAnalytics.setAuthenticationSettings(GPAnalytics*, std.basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*, std.basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*, Int32, std.basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*, std.basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*, std.basic_string<char,std::char_traits<char>,std::allocator<char> >*)
at GoProLibWinAnalytics.GPAnalyticsManager.setAuthenticationSettings(System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String, System.String)
at GoProImporter.AnalyticsManager.Init()
...

I tried to reinstall everything multiple times according to GoPro.com's troubleshooting page (http://gopro.com/support/articles/how-to-resolve-gopro-studio-20-crashing-issues) but it did not help.

After a lot of investigation I realized that on the same machine both GoPro Studio and Importer are working well with any other user accounts but mine. I could not find the difference until I noticed this remark on the previously mentioned troubleshooting page:
"Make sure there aren’t any non-English letters in the filenames or folders in your source files or “convert to” location."

Eventually I realized that the source of problem is my windows user name, because it contained a non-English character, and therefore the GoPro Studio settings path had it too:
"c:\Users\Gábor\AppData\Local\GoPro\"

(Actually I never use non-English letters in file names, but this user name was automatically created by Windows 8 from my Microsoft account. :mad:)

The solution was the rename of my account, you can find useful help for this here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com...-user-account-and-related-profile-folder.aspx

That's all, I hope it will help for others! :smile:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Áááááá hogybaszódjommegottaholvan...

You are genius, after so long and annoying search for the solution, this was the ultimate one!
Unfortunately the user account (and folder) name is a bit complicated to change, but I quickly made a new user account with no special characters and in that, GoPro Studio works without error. Aaaaargh!

That was really useful, many thanks! (and an unexpected solution, I would never figure it out)
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top