GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I shot video yesterday in 1080p / 60 wide. fps and it seems to randomly go into what looks like slowmo or something. I shot in 1440 a week ago and every video was perfect.

I am playing it on my 24" imac:
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

using quicktime.

I also tried watching it on my Sony smart TV and had the same issues

Here is a link. The quality is lower not that youtube has finished processing it but you can still see what I mean.
youtu.be/TZavx0KKZeM?t=4s

Its in and out but you can see it kick in at 23 seconds
clears up at 1:03 and continues to go in and out.

I would think if it was an issue with the computer it would be random and not in specific spots.

In comparison, my videos shot in 1440/ 30 fps are fine
youtube.com/watch?v=5vqkFl4vZMw

Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Roekone,

The youtube link for the problem file says it is a 5 minute clip but only plays the first 2 minutes. Can you upload to dropbox or google drive the original MP4 file and share it with us?

Thanks,

Kareem

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
SDXC card used?

File size loaded to youtube and its video length raw or edited??

Time of Day example 7:AM EST.

FISH

Hello, I shot video yesterday in 1080p / 60 wide. fps and it seems to randomly go into what looks like slowmo or something. I shot in 1440 a week ago and every video was perfect.

I am playing it on my 24" imac:
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.1 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB

using quicktime.

I also tried watching it on my Sony smart TV and had the same issues

Here is a link. The quality is lower not that youtube has finished processing it but you can still see what I mean.
youtu.be/TZavx0KKZeM?t=4s

Its in and out but you can see it kick in at 23 seconds
clears up at 1:03 and continues to go in and out.

I would think if it was an issue with the computer it would be random and not in specific spots.

In comparison, my videos shot in 1440/ 30 fps are fine
youtube.com/watch?v=5vqkFl4vZMw

Thanks for any insight

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SDXC card used?

FISH
Protune was off. Spot meter was off as well. The only thing that wasnt default I believe, was the 60FPS

I used Gopro studio to trim a piece of the sample video. No other editing was done on it. The original file is 1.26 gigs

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
SDXC card used? File size loaded to youtube and its video length raw or edited?? Time of Day example 7:AM EST.

SDXC card used?

FISH
Protune was off. Spot meter was off as well. The only thing that wasnt default I believe, was the 60FPS

I used Gopro studio to trim a piece of the sample video. No other editing was done on it. The original file is 1.26 gigs

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
postimg.org/image/qdsi61ox7 - Here are my settings
SD card info: Samsung EVO 64GB microSDXC UHS Class 10
I'll upload the full video to dropbox and post a link
Time of day was 4pm Mountain Standard

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
Afternoon time Light is above and bright.

Density, a ton of info and background, floor, foreground etc.

Gopro settings.

If using wide angle and the trademark of fisheye, like said you should be flying down that path and speed not slo-mo. Honestly it looks fine, camera doing its job.

at the start I have win 8. issues always, played back 10Xone video played perfect. no stutter slo mo etc.

If the SDXC card is not gopro recommendations or a lesser it should still do the job.
if you did not use spot meter it still should do the job.
using 60fps won't slow video down, maybe your editor and its render, to save?

For youtube 17mmbs is not a requirement it is youtube allowance. for us.

again all honesty video works for me.

I say change the cam angle, try spot meter, and lower the FPS to 48 but not 100% sure the session has this its 30 or 60fps

FISH

I always try to ask a question to the persons topic. we all tend to leave out info, forgive me asking again and again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Afternoon time Light is above and bright.

Density, a ton of info and background, floor, foreground etc.

Gopro settings.

If using wide angle and the trademark of fisheye, like said you should be flying down that path and speed not slo-mo. Honestly it looks fine, camera doing its job.

at the start I have win 8. issues always, played back 10Xone video played perfect. no stutter slo mo etc.

If the SDXC card is not gopro recommendations or a lesser it should still do the job.
if you did not use spot meter it still should do the job.
using 60fps won't slow video down, maybe your editor and its render, to save?

For youtube 17mmbs is not a requirement it is youtube allowance. for us.

again all honesty video works for me.

I say change the cam angle, try spot meter, and lower the FPS to 48 but not 100% sure the session has this its 30 or 60fps

FISH

I always try to ask a question to the persons topic. we all tend to leave out info, forgive me asking again and again.
I pm'd you with a link to an original raw video file. Its very obvious when the problem starts and stops. It's harder to see in the Youtube example I posted maybe due to compression or something. My videos from Angel Fire (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IetbXkTJX3A&list=PLwA5R2SMqbPPRpucj8V5opALMqEKg77Wq) all have lots of sun light, high speeds, foreground density etc. but have great clarity. The only difference was being set to 1440/ 30FPS. Same SDcard, helmet mount position etc.

I dont mind using the 1440 setting so if it's just an anomaly then thats fine. But I saw someone else posted what sounded like the same issue using 1080/60FPS ( http://www.goproforums.com/329-gopro-hero-4-session/58298-my-video-s-look-like-they-slow-motion.html) Unfortunately, they never followed up with info. So I posted just in case its an issue.

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
Pm'd Me no that be Kareem you pm'd.

For a video in [email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvnbr-suns

dropbox well its 30fps sorry
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4shxf059k5gw8y5/GOPR6058.MP4?dl=0
If you have a card slot for a tv to view on, or another gopro I look into that, to see if it is your editor and a setting?

I hear you, and can not figure it out but have a go on this clip see if it plays for you correctly?

again sorry my whole trip is 30fps I only swapped FOV lol mybad. gonna have to get you a 60fps one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pm'dMeno that beKareem you pm'd.

For a video in [email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJvnbr-suns

dropbox well its 30fps sorry
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4shxf059k5gw8y5/GOPR6058.MP4?dl=0
If you have a card slot for a tv to view on, or another gopro I look into that, to see if it is your editor and a setting?

I hear you, and can not figure it out but have a go on this clip see if it plays for you correctly?

again sorry my whole trip is 30fps I only swapped FOV lol mybad. gonna have to get you a 60fps one
It plays fine for me

·
Administrator
9,147 Posts
when I doa 60fps I'll get one out don't want to do boring video Lol I'll keep this in mind, knowing day one I had no issue at all on a roof top with the session looking down, only issue I had was the gopro app not displaying 60fps lol.

so I say check your settings in the editor, try another editor. try playing back on a tv less that session due to no playback feature Lol

goos luck (in a good way)

FISH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts