GoPro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no GoPro Hero Session and GoPro Hero Session 5 after the release of new GoPro Hero (without numbers)

GoPro Hero replaced the GoPro 5 Session. It's no longer available on the official website, but you can still buy GoPro 5 Session online.
I was waiting for a new Hero 6 Session actually. Sad to hear that.

It is so comfortable because of its size and weight. Why do they discontinued it :crying: Is there any possibility GoPro is planning to release a new Session model? Or should I buy this Hero (2018)?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Neither I nor somebody else can say what GoPro is planning in the future, decisions in the past show us how unpredictable they are.
I would take the latest Session and get happy, don't forget that battery is not changeable.

Ciao Rob
My channel
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCWD307eVP9113u3EMHG1Z_g

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
GoPro marketing team discontinued the Session Line up, they a re still at the Retail stores and elsewhere. they may release a Hero 6 with a bolt on and replacement battery. that will be their next Model.

so in the mean time you have to wait and see or move on.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Just read somewhere that they have released a cheaper less feature rich model based on 5 and 6 and will keep the Session line around, less because of pricing than for the form factor some like. So you might see it supported for a couple of more years.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Just read somewhere that they have released a cheaper less feature rich model based on 5 and 6 and will keep the Session line around, less because of pricing than for the form factor some like. So you might see it supported for a couple of more years.
no, the Session (4 & 5) have already been dropped from the official line-up. If they had planned to release a Hero 6 Session I can't see why they wouldn't carry on the 5 till it was released

put yes they have just released the GoPro Hero, identical to the Hero 5 & 6 Blacks but very VERY basic

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
Why things fo come back later like the Mustang from??? Bullet. If htey continue to drop the good stuff Lol they loose or gain other business.

·
Registered
262 Posts
no, the Session (4 & 5) have already been dropped from the official line-up. If they had planned to release a Hero 6 Session I can't see why they wouldn't carry on the 5 till it was released

put yes they have just released the GoPro Hero, identical to the Hero 5 & 6 Blacks but very VERY basic
That Gopro Hero was what I was referring to, not a new Session version. I was not clear. Sorry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There is no GoPro Hero Session and GoPro Hero Session 5 after the release of new GoPro Hero (without numbers)

I was waiting for a new Hero 6 Session actually. Sad to hear that.

It is so comfortable because of its size and weight. Why do they discontinued it :crying: Is there any possibility GoPro is planning to release a new Session model? Or should I buy this Hero (2018)?
i've been looking for any confirmation that gopro will not continue the session lineup. So far i've found nothing official. If they wanted to sell through the current session 5, then it wouldn't make sense to announce a 6 is coming. personally i'm going to wait a bit, my session 5 still works, but it's not going to last forever. I so want a hero 6 session, i can not do what i do with the other hero cameras,well, i could, but the risk of breaking them is much, much, much higher!

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
What Life is all about. Hero 6 Session can be talked till it either happens or not. type in the words pull up info if for the camera or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What Life is all about. Hero 6 Session can be talked till it either happens or not. type in the words pull up info if for the camera or not.
it will happen, because nobody is strapping a hero 6 with that giant lcd screen they don't need to their dirt bike, sport bike, racing drone, skate board or any other true action sport out there that uses video cameras. Frankly, noboby makes anything comparable, it would be silly not to keep making it, unless of course they are actually loosing money on every sale, which i seriously doubt.

Of course it wouldn't be the first bad decision gopro has made.:wink:

·
Registered
3 Posts

Because they have a lot of 5's still in stores. Even at $199, some people would wait for the 6. I have a session 5 all ready, but if no 6 is coming, then I'll purchase another 5 as a backup. I'd really like to see a session 6 with removable battery and the specs of the hero 6.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Because they have a lot of 5's still in stores. Even at $199, some people would wait for the 6. I have a session 5 all ready, but if no 6 is coming, then I'll purchase another 5 as a backup. I'd really like to see a session 6 with removable battery and the specs of the hero 6.
That would be great. However GoPro is struggling to close the gap. The new Hero that just came out is going to fill that entry level camera slot. They appear to be streamlining their portfolio a bit.

I think the session is being sunsetted. You won't see a new one in 2018.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
true. nicely said and could not agree more

1 - 14 of 14 Posts