GoPro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have just received a new Hero 9 black but have discovered that it will not work with my 3.5mm mic adapter or smart remote. I already have a 7 black and a 5 Session so this is important to me. I am trying, ( many, many attempts ), to contact customer services for an RMA reference to return it, to no avail. It appears that GoPro aftercare is woefully inadequate.
can any body advise me what to do?
thanks, Rodney.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
gopro.com support page change your support of UK to US and use the chat within a few minutes you will be chatting, GoPro said Mid Oct 2020 the new firmware may add the old promic to the update.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It didn’t work for me . 20 minutes, no reply. Maybe they don’t like us in the old world.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
nothing more I can do, I put in fake info and I get on in under a minute, same internet everyone in the world joins Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Maybe it is a country thing? Try making contact using a vpn with a different country ip. Many common browsers now have a free vpn extension that you can add or already built in that can be turned on in settings like Opera..

FYI: May not be helpful but in some country, if you purchased locally, local consumer protection laws make the last seller (whoever you bought it from) responsible for settling disputes and they must attend to it within five days or there are remedies in law. It is not a defence against delays for a local supplier to rely on a manufacturer to supply parts or answer queries etc. What contracts (e.g. warranties) as may exist between manufacturer and supplier/importer are not relevant to the default contract assumed in law to exist between importer/supplier/seller (local store/agent/dealer) and you as their customer.
But you mention RMA iwhich probably means you bought it internationally. Apart from the overseas supplier needing to be accommodating in order to protect their name/brand, there is no enforcable contract because warranties do not apply and cannot be enforced across borders. They only apply within local administrations. Unless you have some sort of leverage then you are at the mercy of the overseas supplier so make sure you have a good relationship or confidence based on reputation before you buy.. .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The camera was purchased from GoPro.com and shipped to the UK from the Netherlands. I need to make contact with GoPro to get a returns authorisation reference. Judging from GoPro’s reviews it is common for them not to reply to request for chats or callbacks. But it seems, not so in the US.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
If you trust me. Pm me the info and I'll contact and chat with them.

name, camera. seriel phone number country. and the Issue, you want a warranty. and I'll Pm back what they said. if you trust me

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That‘s jolly kind of you. I’m new to this forum and cannot see how to send you a personal message. Perhaps you would be kind enough to enlighten me.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
As i am with gopro right as I write to you, they are saying

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Alright @TRfan I am discarding the personal info, and GoPro said they will be sending you the Return label. under 3 minutes fastest Return ever!!!!

Reactions: Ifti

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m so grateful to Fish for his help. I have received my returns authorisation and will now await my credit.
I will now stick to my trusty old Gopros!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts