GoPro Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They kill you on shipping! You buy 2 small items totaling $16 and the shipping is $15. Ridiculous!!! And When I asked about fixing my camera, I was told I HAD TO PAY FOR IT!!! So Whats the PLUS?!!!!!
Thought it was best to wait till everything breaks and have it all shipped at once, but NOOOOOO the shipping goes up and up with every little item.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I can get a genuine GoPro ROLLCAGE on eBay for $19 with free shipping. Total $19.00 ...if I order from Gopro, with GoPro Plus, it will cost me $12.49...AND $15 to ship!!! Total $27.49 Why do I have Plus?!!!!

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
help us understand your problem.

Plus is no matter what the issue replaced free, with a copay of 70.00 plus for a Hero 8. that what, you're saying? and shipping is free if $50.00 is met.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think I spelled it out pretty well. Buy an accessory and pay about the same for shipping. You can buy a Rollcage on eBay for $19 free shipping.. get half off at GoPro for $12... shipping is $15. Total $27. Nothing wrong with that?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not looking for FREE but you can ship a huge box for a lot less. Just like some on eBay, GoPro gouges customer with shipping. To each his own!

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Ridiculous!!! And When I asked about fixing my camera, I was told I HAD TO PAY FOR IT!!! So Whats the PLUS?!!!!!
what I commented on, since you have Plus why I asked.

·
Administrator
2,935 Posts
I never go for these extra services. Only extra service I purchase is Applecare+ for Apple devices as the service has always been very good in my experience. For everything else I tend to pass. Its a gimmick to get you to spend more money. Its like GoPro are desperate for cashflow in the past few years and are trying to think up new ideas to make more money, but end up with dissatisfied customers instead!

I guess the only 'plus' here is if you break the GoPro they will replace it.......although will they still charge shipping?? lol

What was wrong with your camera and what exactly were you asked to pay for?? On the site it says they will replace 'no questions asked'!

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Plus is $4.00 and change per Month. 2 camera exchanges per year at $79.00 for the Hero 8 and 89.00 for the Hero 9 soon to come. and shipping should be free on warranty services,

$50.00 or less you pay shipping on accessories over $50.00 it's free

If gopro has a way they will and done it at one time You pay the ship one way, they pay it the other way. that could have been on a return product policy,

Now if this was DJI you pay shipping, you pay the repair part and labor, and they also will and most likly charge you return shipping.

My advice is if you're in water you get the Plus, if you plan on buying each year forget about the plus, and forget about falling for the trade up they both will just be useless.

to each their own, IMHO and thoughts out loud

FISH

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not supporting GoPro or anybody else, but postage cost have really gone up over the last few years. As an eBay seller, postage costs are killing most of the profit left over after eBay and PayPal fees and now they have added sales taxes even if you are in non sales tax states like Oregon. So, it doesn't surprise me that GoPro wants $15 to ship something. Free shipping on eBay and low or no shipping cost on Amazon gives everyone a false sense of the actual costs.

·
Administrator
9,930 Posts
Gasoline, tolls, etc.. cost $$$ so everything in shipping been on the rise, With the new tragedy of GoPro they want you to be in a Plus plan. wish you good luck, Today the Hero 9 is Less for Plus joined members while its more for non-supporters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts