GoPro Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a gopro hero 8 black and decided to buy an extra battery so as to have more battery life while out filming. However, while the camera works fine with the battery it came with the new when I put the new battery in and try to charge it I get this display saying there's no battery (no batt) on the gopro screen (see image below). I'm not sure if I just got a faulty battery or if there might be some fix for this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Gadget Font Display device Technology Electric blue

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi which battery did you buy for the spare ? Possibly it's not a Hero8 compatible one, if it's a earlier battery apparently they will work but all the features aren't available. Does it charge in a external charger ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply!

The label on the box lists it as compatible for gopro hero 8 black as well as 7 black, 5 black and 4 black, so I'm pretty sure its compatible, it also looks almost identical to the one that came with the camera. I don't have an external charger though so I just charge the batteries in the camera.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Could you maybe borrow a charger of a friend or aquintance, if not I think I'd be returning as something appears to be wrong.
If you tell us the which battery it is maybe someone else has had similar problems and could advise how they fixed it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll ask around and see if any of my buddies have a charger, but yeah I'll probably end up returning it cause seems like the battery is defective or something. But thats a good idea ill add some photos so as to show what type of battery it is in case anyone else had the same issue.
Audio equipment Gadget Font Material property Electronic device

1 - 5 of 5 Posts