GoPro Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi GoPro forum!
I am having a problem with my Mounts...
Sometimes, the clicker does not fit in my adhesive mounts. I have destroyed all of my clickers because of this. Is there a reason/solution to this problem??

Also, is anyone also having this problem?

·
Registered
110 Posts
If they are too loose, then

If they are too loose, then you can lay down a strip of black tape or probably even light/thin duct tape and then slip the clicker into place over the tape. That generally works to prevent rattle noise. Not sure what to suggest if the clicker is too tight in fitting into the other part.
Good luck with it. I haven't really had the same problems, so the above is more a guess than a known solution.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! the rattling can be

Thanks! the rattling can be stopped with the white noseplug :)
Maybe i'm just too violent with them? i just can't imagine how...
Cheers :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yes, the noseplug works, but

Yes, the noseplug works, but some folk seem to think that the tape method works better then the nose plug. I seldom use my snap on mounts, as I am more often using the magnetic mounts for what I do with my camera. You may be just too hard on the mounts, but I sort of doubt it for some reason. I have't seen a lot of complaints like your's for this issue, so I can't say there is a trend. That sort of makes me wonder if the snap in parts are actually a bit loose when you use them. Not necesssarily enough to rattle, but enough to allow vibration and eventual wear or breakage. Oh, well, speculation only from me. Good luck in resolving the issue. It is always fun to see if I can guess the resolution correctly or not. Let us know if you figure it all out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I just bought a GoPro

Thanks! I just bought a GoPro Grab bag. I hope i learned from it :)
Cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
I believe the main problem is mounting the camera on a curved stick on mount. The buckle is flat and the receiver is curved. My problem is the same as yours. I will discard my curved mounts and use only flat.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
i've lost count of how many quick release brackets (what you call clickers) i've gone thru, everytime the release tabs have broken off

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have learned the hard way that you have to gently squeeze the ears while pulling up gently on the camera case. Then the "clicker" will come out without breaking.

Took me three to learn, but the fourth has lasted a year.

Pirate

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
because of the mounting location of my camera behind the interior mirror i haven't got easy enough access to do special things like that. I've just settled thats its a consumable part & make sure i've got plently of spares lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts