GoPro Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm considering a GoPro Max and wondering if anyone can help answer a couple of questions (I am considering this or a Theta SC2 or Z)

I've been reading problems taking images with the GoPro Max and uploading into Street View. Is this still an issue?
Basically, I want to:
1) take handheld 'still' 360º photos
2) Upload them quickly and easily into Street View
3) View in VR (Currently using Wander on the Oculus Quest 2)

The Theta seems to do this on the fly via a phone app. That's nice, but if the image quality is better on the GoPro, I wouldn't mind doing this via my MacBook after taking the photos - as long as the process isn't too long and doesn't require purchasing expensive software (I have photoshop)
So my questions are:
A) How complicated is the process on the GoPro Max to take photos and upload to Street View?
B) Does anyone have any links to Street View images taken on the GoPro Max?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, Joc, I hope my answer is not too late for your needs.

I have faced the same problems.

First off, I tried to do this using a Ricoh Theta V that is very easy, because it is recognized automatically by StreetView Application. So, you record videos and you publish them on the fly.

The great problem was the resolution, that is very poor/bad. Due to this, I gave up to use it and I returned the camera to the seller, as I was still on time to do so.

So, I bought a GoProMax, and I have published some images whose the resolution is better than Ricoh Theta V, but I still haven't figured out a easy way to publish images from them on the Street View.

Have you already found a solution to this problem?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts