GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a few questions about the Karma, specifically, the available flight modes. When I say "flight modes" I am not referencing to the cable cam, orbit, reveal or dronie modes but more so as in software/hardware stabilization. I tried to search for an answer and came up with limited information pertaining to these "modes".

I build all of my drones: hexacopters, quads and octas and most of my builds have run off of the 3DR Pixhawk FCU. Now with those familiar with this flight controller, you have multiple stabilization modes such as GPS lock, altitude lock, regular old stabilization and another 10-11 unimportant flight modes.

My question is: Does the gopro Karma automatically stabilize and hold position when the sticks are let go or does it drift depending on wind and other factors? It is similar to a GPS lock/loiter function or is it more of a "raw" stabilization mode (using accelerometers and gps position)? Are these modes available to utilize with the controller? Thanks for your time and responses

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
until its released you won't find out much about the actual tech spec of it yet, but I assume it'll have GPS hold as its aimed at competing with DJI. It won't have anywhere near as many modes as it sounds like your used to, but will give the operators a few options like Phantom's do

·
Cinematographer
3 Posts
I am interested in the DJI mavic. But currently i saw many bad reviews on the mavic of its first batch of orders. So..i will wait for its next version with better performance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts