GoPro Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
it could be 6 looking at the blurry pic, that would explain how its so much smoother than a Phantom
I think they'd want to bear cost in mind, so will stick with a 4 rotor setup. The smoothness could just be down to a better performing gimbal....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
its going to be another tough year for GoPro. I really can't see the Karma taking off (pun intended), the drone scene seems to have slowed & DJI still rule the roost. Theirs still supply issues with the Session in the UK (Argos have some in stock now, but Hobby Mounts still don't have any). & no new camera till October

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
its going to be another tough year for GoPro. I really can't see the Karma taking off (pun intended), the drone scene seems to have slowed & DJI still rule the roost. Theirs still supply issues with the Session in the UK (Argos have some in stock now, but Hobby Mounts still don't have any). & no new camera till October
Completely agree.
Seems like GoPro are on a downhill slope an they seriously need something special this year.....

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
they seriously need something special this year.....
but what can they give?

We've already got [email protected], which not many people have the capability to utilise to its full potential. So higher resolution & fps isn't going to gain anything

image stabilisation & zoom isn't really any benefit for action sports, & hasn't stopped anyone using GoPro's so far

longer battery life would be nice, but again its never really bothered us before. Plus we've got work-arounds like power-packs etc for longer usage

3D isn't popular enough to warrant making a special camera for

so what can they offer?

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Offering a drone, a gimbal and a 4K camera onboard. not as an option to add on?

·
Administrator
2,861 Posts
but what can they give?

We've already got [email protected], which not many people have the capability to utilise to its full potential. So higher resolution & fps isn't going to gain anything

image stabilisation & zoom isn't really any benefit for action sports, & hasn't stopped anyone using GoPro's so far

longer battery life would be nice, but again its never really bothered us before. Plus we've got work-arounds like power-packs etc for longer usage

3D isn't popular enough to warrant making a special camera for

so what can they offer?
Thats what we think about all products though - I think the same about my iPhone, but they always pull something out of the bag.

4k60 is a given. 100% sure of that. Although I also don't see the point in it but the newer chipsets can do it now, so its coming.
Personally I'd like to see built in sensors like the Garmin Virb has, as well as some optical stabilisation, Its do-able, nothing new, but would be nice in a GoPro.

What they really need is something completely new though. Something that hasn't really need done by the competition now. What that is, I don't know!

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Compare Karma to this Lol

·
Administrator
9,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Crafts design Lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just checking new gopro x Illumination Studio Teaser Video for the upcoming The secret life of Pets film

look what i've found!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts