GoPro Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

My name is Andrea and i'm from Italy! i'm a new user but i've read a lot of usefull message on this forum and now it's time for my first message.

Could someone please help me solve a doubt I have? I'm about to leave for a trip in Uganda with my GoPro (HERO7 Black) and i don't know which settings are the best to make documentary shots during safaris.

I would like to record at the highest possible resolution (4k or 2.7k) because i want as much freedom as possible to experiment in post production (i will probably export all in a 1080p timeline). I would also like to record at 60fps (when possible) in order to have the chance to create slowmotion in complete freedom.
I don't know which setting is better between 4k60 and 2.7k60 because of the FOV: most of the shots will be made with animals, so I don't know if the "WIDE" FOV of 4k will make the animals appear too small. it's better 2.7k with "LINEAR" FOV?
I know that, in post production, if i'll export to a 1080p timeline i will be able to enlarge the frame: Will i have the best result reframing the 4k wide or the 2.7k linear to 1080p?

For landscapes shooting I won't have this kind of problems so I will opt for the 4k60 wide, is that ok?

In conclusion, what would you do in my place for a safari shoots with a GoPro Hero7 black? I would like to know your opinion because different points of view are important to arrive at the right choice of settings!

Thank you in advance to all of you for your answers!
Andrea

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I have done a safari in South Africa and honestly the GoPros are not good for this type for shots.
As you said the animals are not near enough and look small, I did a lot of shots with my Panasonic Compact Cam which allows zooming.
For landscape and all other the GoPro is fine.

Ciao Rob

·
Administrator
9,139 Posts
Welcome to the Forums @Barbalenzio Report back with your trip, love to see what you came up with, as I already given a answer to your post outsideof hte forum

Fish

1 - 3 of 3 Posts