GoPro Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi forum,

I'm new here, and I have a GoPro Hero 3. I just got an external battery pack (Re-Fuel from Digipower). When I connect the battery to my GoPro, the camera freezes and becomes useless. I have to disconnect the external battery, then take out the internal battery to reset the camera.

I went through the process of updating the firmware on the cam and the batteries (internal and external) are fully charged. The cam works fine without the external battery pack. And the SD card is newly formatted.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi Steve,

Based on your information, I would think the issue is with the external battery pack. It could be faulty. I would contact DigiPower and see if they can provide you with a new battery.
DigiPower Contact Form https://re-fuel.com/contact-refuel/
Otherwise if you purchased it at a local store, go there and see what they can do to help with return/replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
New battery

ReFuel sent me a new battery. When attached, it doesn't freeze as before, but my Hero 3 Doesn't function properly. The buttons don't work. Shutter button beeps, but doesn't take a photo/video.

Any thoughts?
Steve

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just reinstalled the firmware and no luck. Tried a hard reset too...
Send it back. Even the genuine GoPro accessories had issues with the H3. That camera was the worse that GoPro ever made.

That's why the H3+ came out shortly thereafter. They fixed those hardware issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts