GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im Austin and I'm 13.
I'm looking to buy a GoPro, but im debating on which one. I have $155 saved so far. I could get the GoPro Naked for $160 or I could save to get a GoPro Hero 3 white edition. I'm mostly going to use it for Karting and Sportscar racing, for my dad and I. Is there a big difference in quality? I used to own a GoPro 960 , but I sold it and now I want one of the newer ones. Which should I pick?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why not pick up a used hero2? Might be able to get some extra mounts or a memory card with it for similar money.

From my understanding, a hero3 white edition is essentially the same as the original hero but obviously smaller and with wifi, but the processor is still the older stuff.

I don't have any knowledge of the naked, don't believe we get that in Australia.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got my Hero2 for $150 with some extra mounts and stuff, even a card. Keep an eye on Craigslist, or have your parents keep an eye out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Lots of used GP2's out there now. Just remember to shoot in 720/60 (60 fps) in order to get less jello and skewing. You can download GoPro's Cineform for free, and use that to change your on screen frame rates, ie. you can create a very good simulated 240 fps by setting your speed at 15 fps in Cineform.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts