GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I have a problem with my GoPro HERO. I am using it as a daily base in my car to record the driving. While it is working I continuously charging it. But my problem is that, my GoPro camera is still shutting down.

I asked the customer service on gopro.com and they told me: "The reason that the camera is shutting down is due to the safety built in feature. If the camera gets to hot due to being constantly charged it will reach a temperature where it will cut out."

So...

How can i fix the problem?

I hope you guys can help me. Thank you!

Peter

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
what are you using to charge from in the car, i found alot of cigarette-USB converters don't kick out enough power to keep the GoPro from having to drain its internal battery.

if its shutting down because its getting too hot it should show a thermometer symbol before it turns off

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for your effort to help me! First I used 5V = 1A cigarette-USB converter but It was way worst than this one what I actually have which is if i remember well 4A .

I have the simple GoPro HERO which don't have these kind of things or alarms (i think)

I just took down the back cover maybe it will be better... I don't know... but I don't think so..

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Try using a cigarette to USB adapter that outputs ~1A....4A is way too much for the gopro and that is most likely causing your issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm... I don't know guys... I am very upset about my GoPro. I bought this only for that reason to use it when I drive. I knew it is much expensive than the others but thought it has that quality. On one hand it has but on the other hand I can't really use it and I am out of ideas don't know what to do. After 1-2 hours it just shutting down due to the battery low...

My "only happiness" is when I got a mail from this forum that someone replied... and I am just looking forward to someone who maybe solve this problem..

·
Administrator
9,614 Posts
We need to know further details to answer..

1What SD card, and where purchased.
A) Brand
B) write speed
C)Ebay purchase, or Amazon3rd party purchase

2.What charging unit,
A) Amps rated
B)MWoutput,

Before we all guess, lets make sure we have the info needed to help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.