GoPro Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my new GoPro yesterday. I used it for the first time to test it out in my pool. Everything was functional working fine no issues. When I got out of the pool the camera had turned off. I tried to turn it back on. Wouldn’t turn on. My battery was fully charged. Went in the house and looked up every trouble shooting issue online. Didn’t see any signs of water leakage inside the battery compartment. Even contacted GoPro and had them try to help. Nothing. I went to target and bought a new battery to see if that was the issue. Still won’t turn on. Anyone else have this happen to them? I’m going insane!!

·
Administrator
9,737 Posts
My thoughts out loud:

Why did you not bring back the camera if it failed to turn on, a day old? Researched and talked to gopro...

Mode on is a reset button as well, the battery removed also resets the camera. If the camera worked in the water, then not afterwards, how long did it fail from the water?

Troubleshoots are:

1. Battery out, USB to wall charger, to camera without battery, turn on , Mode on. anything?
2 USB to laptop, to camera, turn on. anything?

if the camera got wet enough to cause it to go off, then its gonna have to dry out big time and, my suggestion is to pack it up, and go exchange for a new one you got this a day ago. return back with what you did. thank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts