GoPro Forums banner

GoPro HERO 8 Black...?

5K views 56 replies 4 participants last post by  PheonixKingZ 
#1 ·
Hello!

Been a while since I was one here... I am looking at the HERO8, for my new GoPro. (Currently I have a HERO6)

The HERO6, I got around 6 months ago. It’s been OK, but doesn’t really suit me. (It’s not even waterproof, without an addition housing unit. GoPro claims the HERO, HERO5, HERO6, and HERO7 are all waterproof without an audition housing unit, but that is a lie. Soooo many have been damaged by water)

GoPro claims the HERO8 is “the first GoPro to be fully submersible without an external housing unit”. Anyone have experience with the HERO8?

———————————-

I found a deal on eBay.com today. It was a GoPro HERO7 Black, with some cheap accessories- for only $40...

This may be a scam, I don’t know yet. It’s scheduled to come in around October 14th. If it is fully working, I will be so happy.

So, here are my options...

-Sell my HERO6 and keep the HERO7.

-Sell my HERO6 and HERO7, and use that to buy a HERO8.

I’m leaning towards option #2.

Sorry for the long post... any thoughts anyone? @Fish

See less See more
#36 ·
Say this again this camera is Worthless. BROKEN

GoPro hero 9 $449.99 + Tax = $500.00 about

Deduct $100.00

Free shipping to GoPro, Free shipping to you.
your total is $400.00 about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can not get the GoPro at $349.99 Deduct 100.00 for $249.99. you hit the submit button the program will layout your price,

END

Now love to hear your thoughts. Like @Ifti said get the Pkg deal offered, after the Year opt-out, not before then you are going to Owe gopro the difference of the retail of the camera. noted.

#42 ·
Ok, let me know if I got this straight...

If I bought a super cheap “for parts only” GoPro off of eBay for like $40, or if I bought a super old Canon camera, for $5, as long as the MSRP was over $100, I could do the trade in thing?

That being said, if I take the (original) $350 deal with 1 year subscription for the HERO9, then after I buy the HERO9, and they have time to process my trade up, then I only would have to had paid $250 for a brand new HERO9, plus the subscription...?

#43 ·
It doesn't have to be a GoPro camera - it can be any camera, whether it is working or not.
From what I can see you do not get the $100 off of the Hero 9 with subscription deal, you get the $100 off of the full Hero 9 price. So the camera is $429 - you will get it for $329 by trading in a camera. If you want to add the subscription then that's separate at $50.
At least, when I just tried it on the EU site, they are the options I was given.

Overall, it still makes the camera + subscription deal at $349 better value.....

#44 ·
this is not that difficult to understand.

1. Clear as day Pick the camera you want (gopro Hero 9).

Any broken camera 99.99 you must send in with the RMA label, within 45 days, once recieved, gopro them process the Order for the free 2-day delivery.

tax may be added on final check out page. as it needs your zipcode for it and its not taken from $349.99.

So @Ifti you see its not going to combine promotions. its one or the other, the kicker is the sd card, is it Free, will the person get it. this is gopro's Marketing, you must really understand it, many do not read their Terms,

#47 ·
Ok, thanks. Sorry for the confusing thread, lol.

The HERO7 should come in on Wednesday. Assuming it’s not a scam, I can sell that and the HERO6, and make some serious profit.

Should I try to sell both on here? Or would I have better, faster luck on places like OfferUp, eBay, and Craigslist?

#51 ·
Ok, so I spoke to a GoPro live chat person yesterday and he helped me with all my questions.

So no, you can’t combine the Trade-Up with the discounted one.

So my plan is to sell my HERO6 (I already have it listed for $180) and sell the HERO7, when it comes in tomorrow. (If it isn’t a scam... :/)

I should be able to get around $250 for the HERO7, right?

Then with that money and some money I have saved up now, I’ll get the brand new HERO9 with the 1 year subscription. :)

#52 ·
Do not think you get top dollar on an out of warranty product, but good luck with that.

GoPro Marketing has been telling you about it. did I tell you about their royalty program that you don't need a trade-up or anything? you get the $100.00 with that. (wink)

#53 ·
Is there a link explaining their royalty program? Is that we’re they will give me $100 for any of my GoPro’s, but is not the Trade-Up?

I know I shouldn’t except top dollar, but I think $250 is far for a HERO7. I have nocked down the price of the HERO6 to $180, and it may go down hill from there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.