GoPro Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
good luck I read gopros website before I buy there.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Actually, I may get a HERO9, it’s only $50 more expensive on GoPro’s website. Don’t you think that would be the better option?

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
Its all you, let us know what you get enjoy

·
Administrator
3,038 Posts
Honestly, if I were getting a new camera now I would just go for the Hero 9 (especially if you are looking to purchase new). There are enough developments to warrant the purchase over the Hero 8. Only reason why I would get the 8 is if I was able to pick it up really cheap.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Honestly, if I were getting a new camera now I would just go for the Hero 9 (especially if you are looking to purchase new). There are enough developments to warrant the purchase over the Hero 8. Only reason why I would get the 8 is if I was able to pick it up really cheap.....
That was my exact thought...

What’s weird to me, is if you buy a HERO8 off of GoPro’s website for the $300, you also get a 1 year GoPro subscription. If you don’t buy the subscription, you have to pay $350. Now tell me how that makes sense??

The HERO9 is only $350 right now, off of GoPro.com, with the 1 year subscription.

I am seeing a lot of deals online, for HERO8’s with media mods, but the HERO8 is literally almost outdated.

I am going to try to get a HERO9, new, off of GoPro.com.

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
Or trade in

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I believe if I trade in, I only get $100 off the new camera. But if I sell my HERO6, I will get around $200? I may be wrong... what is the best option?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
But wait, if I trade it in, can I get the HERO9 for only $250? Is there any GoPro chat or hotline I can get into?

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
@PheonixKingZ Tells us how you came to those figures? You are falling for Gopro's Schemes.

·
Administrator
3,038 Posts
Previously you could trade in any camera, GoPro or not, and get $100 off of a new one - not sure if that offer still exists?

But yes, GoPro's pricing with the subscription etc is a little messy. Its a no brainer deal but they are forcing people to take the subscription for a cheaper overall deal, and hoping they stick with the subscription the second year (I already have a reminder in my phone to cancel it after 11 months!!)

Rather then do all that, why not just keep the camera at $350 and say the subscription for the first year is included free of charge??!! Certainly makes it less confusing!

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
Previously you could trade in any camera, GoPro or not, and get $100 off of a new one - not sure if that offer still exists?

But yes, GoPro's pricing with the subscription etc is a little messy. Its a no brainer deal but they are forcing people to take the subscription for a cheaper overall deal, and hoping they stick with the subscription the second year (I already have a reminder in my phone to cancel it after 11 months!!)

Rather then do all that, why not just keep the camera at $350 and say the subscription for the first year is included free of charge??!! Certainly makes it less confusing!
Yes its still exists.

some homework was needed
Any GoPro or digital camera with an original retail value of at least $99.99 USD (or equivalent value in local currency) is eligible for trade-in.

2Trade-in transactions are final; after you trade in your Eligible Used Device, you cannot get it back.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
But that would be like selling my HERO6 for only $100... that’s under its total worth.

Ok, thanks. That is what I thought it was. So just to clarify: I can get a brand new HERO9 off of GoPro’s website with total camera replacement and the whole earnestly for only $350?

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
Say this again this camera is Worthless. BROKEN

GoPro hero 9 $449.99 + Tax = $500.00 about

Deduct $100.00

Free shipping to GoPro, Free shipping to you.
your total is $400.00 about.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can not get the GoPro at $349.99 Deduct 100.00 for $249.99. you hit the submit button the program will layout your price,

END

Now love to hear your thoughts. Like @Ifti said get the Pkg deal offered, after the Year opt-out, not before then you are going to Owe gopro the difference of the retail of the camera. noted.

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
go back to post 34 and READ! or see the photo here and SEE IT clear.

D D D Dented, Dinged, Destroyed we don't care!

·
Administrator
10,130 Posts
trading this in

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Are you telling me I could get an absolutely trashed camera off of eBay, as long as it’s over $100 MRSP, and I could get $100 off a new HERO9?

Not meaning to make you mad man, I’m just a little confused, as to why on earth GoPro would even do that!

21 - 40 of 57 Posts