GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Been a while since I was one here... I am looking at the HERO8, for my new GoPro. (Currently I have a HERO6)

The HERO6, I got around 6 months ago. It’s been OK, but doesn’t really suit me. (It’s not even waterproof, without an addition housing unit. GoPro claims the HERO, HERO5, HERO6, and HERO7 are all waterproof without an audition housing unit, but that is a lie. Soooo many have been damaged by water)

GoPro claims the HERO8 is “the first GoPro to be fully submersible without an external housing unit”. Anyone have experience with the HERO8?

———————————-

I found a deal on eBay.com today. It was a GoPro HERO7 Black, with some cheap accessories- for only $40...

This may be a scam, I don’t know yet. It’s scheduled to come in around October 14th. If it is fully working, I will be so happy.

So, here are my options...

-Sell my HERO6 and keep the HERO7.

-Sell my HERO6 and HERO7, and use that to buy a HERO8.

I’m leaning towards option #2.

Sorry for the long post... any thoughts anyone? @Fish

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts
Hero 7 for $40 must be a scam.

Hero 8 is fully waterproof, but its not meant to be used for diving etc - you would need the dive housing for that. In fact if I were taking it under water I would use the housing regardless. The camera is fine for use around the pool, or dunking in and out of the water in the pool, for instance, but I wouldn't take it any further.......

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
Thanks, You have gotten the Hero 6, and now made a purchase for a Hero 7, and now thinking of a hero 8, and GoPro said the hero 8 black is the first submersible camera? Was that on GoPro's official site?

For me: Hero 8 was the camera at the start to get if we did not say that, about who said only the hero 8 is the first waterproof camera, that is another story. You will want a Camera with the latest features, and that is where last year's models are the better to get. The Hero 9 Black is to new to expensive, and if Price is a concern, then stop getting these older models, unless you want to collect them or use it as a stationary camera.

Save up get a hero 8 black, decide if Horizon level is what you want, Hypersmooth 3.0 is a joke in a way more crop, and zoom to create Horizon level.

Find a person who is a member of costco, 289.99. a bundle pkg, or get a DJI 229.99 or wait for an Osmo Action 2 soon to hit the market no talks but changes are being made. HUSH HUSH secrets can hurt! Whatever happened to the days of saying stay tuned in 2020 of Dec an OA will hit the market, no one will want to buy the present product, I get that.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was planning on selling the HERO6 and the HERO7 to fund the HERO8.

Hero 8 is fully waterproof, but its not meant to be used for diving etc - you would need the dive housing for that. In fact if I were taking it under water I would use the housing regardless. The camera is fine for use around the pool, or dunking in and out of the water in the pool, for instance, but I wouldn't take it any further.......
Thanks, that’s what I though.

Do they make a dive housing for the HERO8? It probably won’t fit the Super Suit, because the shape is different.

I’m really hoping not... the guy had 100% rating, and had been on eBay since 2018. So who knows? I’m reallyyyy hoping it’s ligit. Won’t know until October 14th.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
to save a few dollars. you can tell us in a month or two time. (WINK)

·
Administrator
3,000 Posts

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
sometimes it is best to get a new one with an extended warranty (Smiles)

Bought a Hero 6 at $130
Bought a Hero 7 at $40.00

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I mean, there was a $10, 2 year warranty on the HERO7 (for $40), but I decided not to.

I really hope this is ligit - the HERO8 looks soooo nice... 🤩

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I was looking through OfferUp today, and I found that deal. ^

Seems really solid to me: HERO8, ThreeWay, Media Mod, and the Light. I’ve always wanted the media mod/light, because I can see it being really useful. I have asked the seller how much it would be, for just the Camera/media mod/light would be, because I already have the ThreeWay.

@Fish, how much do you think I could get for my HERO6 Black? No scratches on screen, normal wear.

(Plus, if the HERO7 I bought (for $40) isn’t a scam, I can sell that to)

If @[email protected] is still willing to sell his bundle to me, I would most likely get that, but he has not responded yet...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He said he could do $400 for everything except the ThreeWay? Good deal? Please give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!

Been a while since I was one here... I am looking at the HERO8, for my new GoPro. (Currently I have a HERO6)

The HERO6, I got around 6 months ago. It’s been OK, but doesn’t really suit me. (It’s not even waterproof, without an addition housing unit. GoPro claims the HERO, HERO5, HERO6, and HERO7 are all waterproof without an audition housing unit, but that is a lie. Soooo many have been damaged by water)

GoPro claims the HERO8 is “the first GoPro to be fully submersible without an external housing unit”. Anyone have experience with the HERO8?

———————————-

I found a deal on eBay.com today. It was a GoPro HERO7 Black, with some cheap accessories- for only $40...

This may be a scam, I don’t know yet. It’s scheduled to come in around October 14th. If it is fully working, I will be so happy.

So, here are my options...

-Sell my HERO6 and keep the HERO7.

-Sell my HERO6 and HERO7, and use that to buy a HERO8.

I’m leaning towards option #2.

Sorry for the long post... any thoughts anyone? @Fish
The Hero 8 is waterproof to 33 meters, been there done that

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Hero 8 is waterproof to 33 meters, been there done that
I just want to be sure... you know?

Maybe if I had GoPro Premium, and I bought it new, then I would not worry about a housing unit, because they would replace it if it got water damage. But I am paying out of my own pocket.

I just want to know: Is the deal I showed you guys in post #10 a good deal, and should I move forward with it?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, forget that one above.

What about this one?

-GOPro HERO8
-Media Mod
-Floaty
-3 battery’s in total
-Dual Charger
-Head Strap
-Charger
-Silicone Sleeve
-Bag

Costs $350

Does this look like a good deal for all that? @Fish

(The camera appears to have some nicks/scratches on the body - I have asked the seller, but no response yet)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just talked to the seller:

He said normal wear on body, just a few scratches - no scratches on screen.

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
290 gets a new hero 8 black and a warranty .

·
Administrator
10,074 Posts
No.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts