GoPro Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GPH8 BLK as well as the Media Mod. I am trying to connect the GP as a webcam through the Media Mod. I need the media mod to line out to my DJ Mixer since GP stripped that basic feature from their cameras and charge people for the use of audio???...pretty lame. I need to be able to use at least a 15ft cable to run from the media mod to my Mac. For whatever reason it will not connect and recognize as webcam. It only charges. I have ordered and returned at least 4 different Type C to Type A 2.0/3.0 USB Data/Sync/Charge cables from Amazon and none of them seem to work and GP customer service provided ZERO help whatsoever. There seems to be some issue with the cables on the Media Mod because when I connect directly to the camera with the 15ft cable it works but not through the media mod nor does any usb extension cables work. However, if I use a shorter cable on the media mod it works. Not really sure why it works with the camera and not the media mod??? Is there a cap on the length of cable to use with the Media Mod? Does anyone have an actual answer to this issue? (I updated both the camera and the GP Webcam App with the latest firmware and software updates.)

Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
you never mentioned:

computer to cable to camera only, if worked,

this will work with the official cable, and camera only. Have you tried wit the longer cable and camera only , ifworked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
you never mentioned:

computer to cable to camera only, if worked,

this will work with the official cable, and camera only. Have you tried wit the longer cable and camera only , if worked.
Yeah I mentioned it. I used the 15ft cable to just the camera and connected to the computer and it worked fine. The problem lies within the Media Mod. For some reason it will not connect as a Webcam with cables longer than 10ft. Not sure if I need an active extender or not, or if that will fix the issue. The official GP cable is a joke being only 1ft long. They don't sell official GP extension cables that I know of otherwise I would have already bought it by now.

I searched for other threads on this but couldn't seem to find anything related to this issue.

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
well gopro does not use audio that is the main issue right there a $500. retail camera can not do it all (wink)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well gopro does not use audio that is the main issue right there a $500. retail camera can not do it all (wink)
Lol for $500, I would expect it to. Seriously, audio on cameras/camcorders have been around since the beginning of time. Even the cheap ass knock off cameras have audio ports on them. That would be like cell phone makers stripping down common features of a phone like audio, texting, camera, email, and charging their customer base the use of those functions. This was my first GoPro camera and my last. The 5th cable that came in today and did not work as well. This camera has been nothing but a pain in the ass. It is a pile of dog sh!t

·
Administrator
9,088 Posts
well in the 90's we had webcams, gopro can not get it right in the 2020's go figure .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts