GoPro Forums banner

1 - 20 of 200 Posts

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Summers here and full of stuff happening and that means a new gopro is in the works So stay tuned Sep-October these new Electronics will hit the market by Oct 5th 2018

create image url

·
Registered
345 Posts
I cant wait. Where did you get this info?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
i've seen alot of differing rumours going around about the Hero 7, some saying it will just be a rebadged Hero 6. Others suggesting it'll have a new GP2 chip, optical zoom, flash & be a completely body style. Also seen some suggest we'll be getting a hero 7 White as well as a Black

GoPro are normally pretty good as keeping everything a secret till the very last minute (in less Better Buy put them on the shelf a week early again lol), so suggest we just wait & see when the day comes

·
Registered
345 Posts
they should certainly try something different, swappable lenses, bigger image sensor, anything to gain interest again and get ahead of competition. and make it with regular mic input that does not require any stupid and overpriced addons?

there are just too many "regular" action cameras out there on the market with better price tag.

more FPS or bigger resolutions are not really a way to go now

·
Registered
257 Posts
I suspect a lot of wishful thinking here, my friends! But while we're at it, I'm going for the optical zoom, my old refrain. Let's see. If they switch to yet another form factor, I'm going to scream.

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As photos were leaked they show the same exact design. tick toc the clock is running

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
the leaked pictures normally come out a few weeks before launch, so could be very soon (any GoPro PR events coming up soon)

i wonder what the spec is

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
may just well be .

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
well it seems that Nick has already confirmed the prices in the quarterly investors meeting, being $200, $300 & $400

now just to see what new features the Hero 7 Black will bring

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
apparently they've registered new bluetooth licensing for a Hero 7 White & Black, talk is the Hero 6 will become the Hero 7 Silver

from what i've seen the Hero 7 is identicle to the coloured logo Hero 6's. So how are they going to tell the difference between the white/silver/blacks

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
reg Bluetooth. Gues. No Bluetooth mic lol

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when the rumors come to reality in 30 days

·
Registered
345 Posts
i have a strong feeling its gonna be a dissapointment.. they dont consider what people need, just how they can get the most money the easiest way possible out of it. only if they would start listening to us, consumers, they could get ahead of competition again

·
Administrator
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in my eyes this is a 3rd generation model but 2nd generation chip if they made a newer body and changed it up would people be discouraged. nah they still will get one the price will be near what we expect and always a handful wil lbuy. I will again hold my ground and wait. more pass on this time around.

As long as I got a camera that takes video, photo and timelapse I need nothing else.

·
Registered
257 Posts
They don't need another form factor change! They didn't need the last one, IMO.

Their chip foray may or may not improve. We'll just have to see.

NO, they don't listen and they seem unable to understand that there is still a large consumer market out there that would go for a true optical zoom capability, which would indeed position themselves above the fray.

·
Registered
345 Posts
They don't need another form factor change! They didn't need the last one, IMO.

Their chip foray may or may not improve. We'll just have to see.

NO, they don't listen and they seem unable to understand that there is still a large consumer market out there that would go for a true optical zoom capability, which would indeed position themselves above the fray.
dont forget ordinary 3.5mm mic input, and maybe streaming capabilities, possibility to use that nice sensor to use as a webcam, etc..

1 - 20 of 200 Posts