GoPro Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello (sorry about my English)
I bought the GoPro hero 7 one month ago. I used it until the battery was uncharged.
As I haven’t the power cable, I charged it with the huawei P30 usb câble, which is the same.
But the GoPro does not power on anymore (black screen, even the red light does not flash anymore). Do you think it’s because of the wrong usb cable ?
Or because it has a battery problem ?
Thank you!

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 cable? what one did you use. My suggestion is to take out the battery, plug hte cable to the camera, use a wall charger and Hit Mode on, does the camera turn on? go to the laptop, does the usb show a connection? Use a Ohm's meter to read the battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 cable? what one did you use. My suggestion is to take out the battery, plug hte cable to the camera, use a wall charger and Hit Mode on, does the camera turn on? go to the laptop, does the usb show a connection? Use a Ohm's meter to read the battery?
Thank you for your answer
I used the usb 3.0 cable. I don’t know if it’s compatible or not. Can we take out the battery from this modele ? I know we can for the GoPro 8 but I don’t find on the 7.
Otherwise I will try with a ohms meter.
Thanks!

·
Administrator
9,370 Posts
Hero 7 silver and whte are non-removable, is that what you own?

·
Registered
374 Posts
definitely try different cables, i tried using my phone usbc cable to transfer the files to pc and it didnt work, so they surely have implemented something that requires their cable, or similar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts