GoPro Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a wireless microphone to use with the GoPro Hero 7. I'm looking for something light that I can attach to my clothing so that I can record the audio when I'm away from the camera. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think I probably need a separate voice recorder. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just use your mobile phone with some free voice recording app, i bet you can connect almost any wireless mic to it if you are worried about cabled ones. Syncing is a matter of a single button in premiere pro and many other editing apps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I'll try that. I don't want a cabled one as it would be absolutely no good for the purpose. I video a lot of training runs with my agility dog and I need to be able to hear my voice commands to the dog on the course. Having a cabled microphone wouldn't do the job. This is the kind of thing I'm filming as well as videos for my YouTube channel.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i still dont understand why "cabled ones are absolutely no good for the purpose". Just use some clips or velcro and secure the cable on multiple spots.
But getting a wireless mic is definitely easier and cleaner option.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mic would be attached to me and I can't have cables trailing across the agility course. That would be so dangerous for me and the dog. I don't think a phone would be ideal as I can't think of a safe way of using it with dogs around. It would need to be waterproof and shockproof. I'm hoping to find a small recorder that I can attach to the tripod near the camera or hopefully attach to the camera housing. I would end up with two recordings but I could use a spike to match up the recorder and video and get rid of the GoPro audio. I'm sure other people do this especially people who make vlogs about activities like DIY or gardening where they need to move around without carrying a camera.

·
Registered
396 Posts
you are overthinking too much. I have dogs, i have been to training courses, and i dont understand your point at all.
get yourself one of those phone pouches made for runners that go around your arm, and run the cord throu your shirt to your chest. if you have any experience with sewing or have a family member who can sew, you could make custom sleeve for the mic and have a dedicated shirt for trainings. use your imagination mate, not everything has to be designer made

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you done agility with dogs? You really need equipment to be out of the way if possible. I've fallen a few times and would most likely break a phone in a few weeks. I wouldn't want to be encumbered with things attached to my arm. You have to run and have plenty of freedom of movement. I'll see if I can find a little recorder and a wireless mic.

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
MYK gopro app give a shot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for that. I'm looking for a small and reasonably priced audio recorder, preferably with a wireless mic. I'm pretty sure I'd break a phone in a very short time and things with wires don't last long in this sort of situation. If I break the recorder I won't have lost as much money as if I smash my phone. I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm sure other sports people use this sort of thing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I'd better explain. I'm looking for something cheap and cheerful that will record my voice without distortion. Perhaps a small recorder to attach to my clothing. I just wondered if anyone had tried any of these and whether they work alright. I'm not looking for top quality audio as I mainly want it to help with the dog training.

·
Administrator
9,728 Posts
Use the Smartphone and Audio recorder apps out there. if you want cheap.

Own the Rode wireless Go
Promic adapter

best cheap set around.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. I've ordered a small audio recorder from ebay £24.99. It clips onto clothing and is very snall and light. People who have used it say the audio is very clear which is what I want. I'll take any audio from the GoPro off the recording and sync the video with the audio recording. Hopefully I should be able to hear exactly what's going on on the dog agility course. When you're running a dog it's so easy to get caught up in the moment and say the wrong things then you wonder why the dog went wrong. This should help enormously. We can't actually hold any competitions at the moment due to the lockdown but hopefully we can all get back to training soon. Stay safe everyone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts