GoPro Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I recently bought the Gopro 7 black in order to make underwater videos. The camera is doing an excellent job and I'm currently learning how to edit (I use Shotcut since Gopro Quik doesn't suit my needs and Gopro studio is no longer available).
In any case, my question is - since I'm underwater I'm fairly limited with what I can do when I film and in addition when I dive a bit the camera can start rotating and tilting to adjust itself to my position - I would like to be able to lock the camera in a way that it will not switch from horizontal to vertical, i.e. it will not rotate on it's own - it causes me a fair amount of problems when I edit (basically I wish to avoid rotating the filmed material using Shotcut).

Any tips on how to lock the camera (not the screen rotation but the lens rotation) in any way?

In addition, if you guys have any recommendations on programs to edit, rotate, transfer, etc. Gopro material I would be happy to know!

Thank ya'll in advance

·
Administrator
10,121 Posts
it is in the settings under touch-display called Landscape. once recording it should not rotate in video.

Reactions: Pisces

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply Fish I assumed the landscape is related to my screen but not the lens.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When you’re swimming with a GoPro, the camera isn’t going to be staying level and right-way-up all the time. If you’ve got the automatic rotation enabled, lock the orientation and save yourself some post-processing hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts