GoPro Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GoPro Hero 7 Black HyperSmooth Stabilization Comparison- In the Snow
We took out my new GoPro Hero 7 black and my old GoPro hero 4 silver out for a little sledding. While we were out we decided to mount them to a board to compare the stabilization. I knew the footage was smooth but I didn't know it was that smooth

·
Registered
392 Posts
dont wanna be all negative, but this kind of videos is all over the internet, we have seen comparisons trillion times already. Hero 7 is out for quite some time now. It makes sense if the product is new or you have something unique to show.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's funny, as I am reminded weekly how bad the 4 Black is in comparison as I toss it on my buddies helmets for an alternate angle to my 7 black footage. Only to come home to a card full of unstable footage.

What i don't get is how satisfied I was with that footage in the past!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
What i don't get is how satisfied I was with that footage in the past!!
as technology advances so do our expectations & standards, the video below is a clip using my GoPro Digital Hero (the 1st Digital GoPro). It sold quite well, despite only being able to take 10second clips (only had internal memory), & having no sound

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow, as the pictures learned to walk. :smile:

Well it is digital, in most modern vids the clips are not longer as 10 seconds and sound is often not used.
So no problem to make with this cam a modern vid, aside from the video resolution, what is it?
Maybe you get motivation to make a short vid with the cam about for example the spring?

Ciao Rob

·
Registered
33 Posts
dont wanna be all negative, but this kind of videos is all over the internet, we have seen comparisons trillion times already. Hero 7 is out for quite some time now. It makes sense if the product is new or you have something unique to show.
I'm really astounded to see what this little box (7black) can do as a complete novice to the GoPro scene. I had not seen a comparison, only vids of guys using the 7 on mountain bike trails. And yes, those vids are all over the net, but this is the first one I've seen. Glad to know my new 7black is a winner. Now if I can just learn to edit :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
agreed, its truly a gimbal killer for me personaly, its much more convenient to use and provides reasonable stabilization.

If you only see mtb trail tests and comparisons, you are using wrong search terms :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts