GoPro Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Upgraded my Cyberlink Screen Recorder to V4 as wanted to be able to embed my webcam into my screen recordings. I have a small channel for photography on YouTube and I use GoPro for all the video there but wanted to be able to use it as a webcam also.

I read all I needed was the correct HDMI cable and a HDMI to USB adaptor and away I went. As I have 2 HDMI ports on my Nvidia GTX graphics card I just ordered the cable only and not the USB adaptor. Plugged it all in and in the GoPro input/output settings changed it to live like it says to do before going back to Screen Recorder 4 but nothing. When I go to the webcam settings for Screen Recorder and check to set up the webcam is has nothing listed and doesn't recognise it? Tried everything but it's not playing ball! Anyone know if the Hero 7 Black is compatible with the Screen Recorder 4 software and if it is, where am I going wrong?!! I know the port is working right as my monitor uses the other HDMI port and I swapped the cable over and the monitor came on so the graphics card is working right.

TIA

Gareth

·
Administrator
9,956 Posts
If GoPro made the camera as a webcam then the driver would connect, since ther eare no webcam drivers for gopro. you're asking something that is not compatible to work with it that is my thought out loud. Screen recorder and gopro. think not but hope you get that to work others have?

·
Administrator
9,956 Posts
what does the post say about a gopro driver? it says OBS, dongle and cable and also may require fees.

·
Registered
401 Posts
your generic graphics card is OUTPUT only, and what you are trying to do is INPUT from camera to the card. you have to have one of those capture cards or usb dongles for that.

Reactions: Gareth Williams

·
Administrator
9,956 Posts
Well not sure if the card is input/output is, the USB webcam
ut/output. as mine the webcam is correctly loaded to Powerdirector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Little update. After not getting the GoPro to be recognised and after being told the HDMI port on the video card was an output and not input I went ahead and bought one of these:

The item arrived today and I plugged it in. I've got some success as the Screen Recorder 4 software now can find USB video in the webcam settings and I can see myself using the full screen preview. I can also change in the Screen Recorder 4 webcam settings the video quality from VGA up to 4K so using this box is allowing the GoPro and software to talk to one another. As I said, there is some success as the video and audio are not lining up so if I move then it takes a good second before the on screen preview moves. Due to this the external mic I'm using is picking up the audio in real time but the video is lagged so on playback it looks all weird? I've looked online and it said to uncheck the auto low light correction button but mine isn't ticked, nor can I click into the box to tick it either? Any help would be appreciated!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts