GoPro Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I do a night lapse, there is flicker in my video. I have the iso min and max set at 400, shutter speed at 30 seconds, and interval at auto. Please help me solve this issue. I have linked a YouTube video of the problem. It’s really hard to see since the quality gets downgraded on YouTube, but If you look at the top of the screen you can see, the lighting flickers from brighter to darker.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve heard that 30 seconds is the best for a night lapse of the stars.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My bad, I thought we were talking about time lapse.

Yes, 30 seconds is the recommend shutter speed. Does this weird glitch happen in regular footage? How long have you had the camera? Have you tried to do a hard reset?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It doesn’t happen with regular footage, only night lapse. I have not tried to do a hard reset, but I’ve seen on YouTube some other’s have had similar problems, but have not found a solution.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just did a factory reset, I’ll do another video tonight and see if it helped.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, come to think of it, it does it in a regular photo time lapse too, during the day. Is there an option to lock the brightness on the camera so it doesn’t auto adjust. I think the flicker is from auto brightness or something. The flicker is really noticeable on the left side of the window frame.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts