GoPro Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else find that the GoPro + battery BacPac often reports onscreen 2 or 3 bars of battery left on either battery, but you start shooting and all of a sudden it does it's "I'm out of power" beeping and turns off.

I've had this happen quite a few times, it's nowhere near as reliable as my Canon D6 battery indicator, which is normally pretty spot on.

Is this a fault with my gopro?

I have a feeling it's normal, as in general I think I do get about 2 hours life out of it doing 4k.

It's running the latest firmware, v03.00

·
Administrator
2,785 Posts
2 hours recording at 4k is great!!!

The battery status metre on the GoPro is pretty poor!
While recording in 4k, my battery level has no bars remaining at 34mins, but still continues to record for another 32mins or so!
Use it as a very rough guide only!

·
Administrator
8,955 Posts
Would not looking at the OSD of the smartphones app show a Battery level?

And why we have to go into settings to see the actual usage vs a indicator? Yes knowing we do not use Wi-Fi all the time and will drain faster, We would love a better percentage, It is better than having a led color scheme or a led flashing in intervals.

Remember battery never gives a perfect reading as well due to issues like a bad cell over charging, depletion of battery, etc...

As long aswe have an indication we should be good.

FISH

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I tend to use GoPro Cam Suite, to remote my GoPro because it seems to be more reliable than GoPro's own app on Android, but not sure the battery indicator works on it, cos last time I looked it said 100% when the camera was just about dead.

But yeah, I agree, it does give an idea of where the battery level is, it's just not as good as I'm used to, though recoding video would drain the battery faster than say a DSLR camera taking the odd photo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.